Chapter 11

No copyright infringement intended. I don't own the copyright of this song.

After dinner, we headed to the place. Everyone was there except for YJ. I was a bit disappointed, but I didn't let anyone know. Forty minutes later, YJ arrived he was wearing a plain white t-shirt black jacket, and distressed jeans. He was looking good as usual. He was with a girl he introduced as his co-worker. 

I felt a gut punch when I saw him with another girl. ***thinking*** He has completely moved on from me and it's about time for me to do the same. He instinctively sat down beside me. He truly torments me at times.

I got up to use the restroom, and Bern and YJ's date (Sayeon) went with me. Bern was chatting with Sayeon and inquired about her department at HB. She said that she's a music producer too, just like YJ, but she mainly focuses on songs used for commercials and advertisements. I was quiet all this time, just listening to their conversation. Sayeon asked me what I do, and I told her that I'm a medical student and was finishing up my rotation. When we got back to the noerabang room, Sayeon went to sit with YJ, but she went to ask me if it was OK if she took my seat.

"By all means, it's a free country. I don't owe any of these couches or seats". and smiled at her.

I sat beside Kai, right across from YJ. YJ was staring at me all throughout the night. I tried not to look his way, but he would catch me glancing back at him sometimes. I don't know how to describe the way he looked at me. Steady, intense, haughty, bold. But I know if looks could kill, I would have probably died a thousand deaths already. I was thinking, Is he mad at me? I should be the one upset. He hasn't spoken a word to me the whole night. After he had a few drinks, out of the blue, he started a conversation with me and Kai.

"Kai, how did you find Nessa?"

"I saw Noona walking to the train station. We chatted for a while, and I forced her to have dinner with me. Kai and I both laughed at this. "Noona who was that guy who was walking with you to the train station?"

"That's my sunbae Peter.  He's doing his residency in the hospital where I'm doing my rotation.

"Does he walk with you pretty often?"

I was confused by YJ's question but I quickly dismissed it and replied. " Well yes, he's a gentleman so I won't walk alone to the train station. 

YJ's demeanor shifted, his brows furrowed and his eyes glaring at me. He was silent but his face gave it all. He was upset, cursing under his breath.

There was an awkward silence. I then got up and told Bern we needed to get going since it was too late. The guys all complained and said that it was still early and they hadn't heard me or Bern sing yet.

"Goodness, I only sing in the bathroom, plus you guys are the singers. We don't mind listening to you all night long. "

But Noona, didn't you sing a lot before, at our family gatherings? You even entered a singing contest when you were in middle school? "

"Yah! Seo jin-a, that was my deepest, darkest secret. Why are you announcing it to everyone? I was giggling and laughing at the same time.

Jin suddenly stood up and asked them. "Do any of you know Noona's middle name?" Bern, you're not included in this okay?

If any of you can answer (pointing to YJ, Kai, Nico, and Jung Hyon), then Noona will sing. Deal?

"Whoah, hold on, why do I have to suffer the consequence? That's not fair. "

Then YJ squealed "Victoria"

That's her middle name.

It made me smile, thinking he still remembers.