Chapter 18- Serendipity

YJ drove the F=Scaglietti to the party in Hollywood. We were greeted by the American and Korean staff of HB Entertainment. The Chairman and CEO of HB were there as well mingling with the guests and employees. I saw Nico with Dana, Hyon, and Bern as well as Jin and Elise. Jessica was there too and went up to me as soon as we arrived.

"Girl, you look stunning. I'm glad you went here with Min PD."

"Jessica, You're so sweet thank you

"Oh, my pleasure. Anyway, I better go back, my husband is waiting for me. Talk to you later.

YJ came back to the table where I was seated.

"Babe, what were you and Jessica talking about"?

"Oh nothing, just girl stuff"

"Anyway, I just need to mingle a little bit and I'll be right back. Are you going to be ok here?

"Of course" I answered, slightly miffed.

The party was a bit overwhelming for me but I didn't let YJ know about it. I was looking around and observing people when I saw this guy who was seemingly staring at me. He kinda looks familiar from afar. The said guy saw me looking in his direction and he suddenly decided to approach me. 

***thinking*** great I look pathetic, he probably feels sorry for me since I'm here by myself".

"Hi! "I'm sorry if I stared at you, but you seem to look familiar. I think we've met before. Were you at KCON in LA a few years ago?"

"Yes, oh my goodness you're Suga. Yeah, I was at Kcon in 2016 with my friend, and we went to your group's fan meet.

"I remembered that you were so nervous, you were shaking and I held your hands. By the way, I still have the Kobe Jersey you gave me at the meet.

"Oh, you remember that?" That's unusual"

"Why is it unusual?"

"Well, you guys have millions of fans and different encounters with them, so it will be difficult to remember instances like that."

"True, but there are unforgettable ones, especially those that catch your attention." Your last name is Lee, right?

"Yes, you've got a good memory"

"You were wearing your number 8 jersey that day. What sport were you playing then?"

"Oh, I was a varsity basketball player."

"I asked some of our US staff if they knew you, but you just disappeared after the fan meet.

"Well, Mr. Min, I doubt that you were looking for me then".

"I was, every time I'm in LA I would look for you and see if you will attend our concerts or fan meets".

"Mr. Min, you were looking in the wrong place. I was in your backyard, and you didn't even know".

"What do you mean?

"A few months after KCON, I left for Seoul and have been living there ever since.

"Really?" What are you doing in Seoul? And call me Yoongi please"

"It's a long story, but I finished my degree there and am currently working".

"Were you at the HB building last week"

"Yes, you saw me there too?"

"I thought I recognized you, but you were busy with the new trainees, so I didn't want to bother you".

"My partner and I have a contract with HB, I'm the new staff doctor for the company.

"Oh really, by the way, were you driving a Scaglietti to the hotel earlier?

"Ok, hold on. Are you a stalker? How did you know that?

"I saw you pull up by the lobby of the hotel, and when you got out of the car, I recognized you again. Well, pardon what I'm about to say, but you look hot. Are you Captain's date

Well, that's what the other Mr. Min said. Who's Capt?

Min PD.

"Oh! Youngjae. Yes, I'm his permanent date. Why do you call him Captain?

"We were both in the military at the same time and his rank then was Captain".

"Are you and YJ related? You're from Daegu too right"?

"Yes, we're distant cousins".

"Interesting".

The head of HR for HB entertainment was on her way to our table

"Dr. Min, Hi I'm glad you made it to the party. How are the twins?

I quickly turned around when I heard the voice

"Hi, Mrs. Park, nice party. The twins are having a blast with their Halmoni right now".

"That's good, anyway I have the rest of the contract ready for you and your partner to sign. I will email it to you so you can review it.

"That would be nice Mrs.Park, thank you"

Yoongi turned to me and said "Hmm, Dr. Min.... are you in a relationship with Capt? You said you're his permanent date? Am I late?

"Yes, we dated for a while, and what do you mean late"?

"So you're not dating anymore"?

"We're not dating anymore, because we're married already and we're raising twin babies".

"Wow, I'm really late now".

"So what do you mean by that?"

"I think you have an idea"

"Look I'm not someone who assumes things, so give it to me straight".

"That I missed the opportunity to know you and...".

"I get what you're saying. Maybe the opportunity is not for you so you didn't miss it"

"It was for me but I didn't grab it at that time, I should have asked for your number then or looked for you harder"

"Yeah, maybe. You know what I actually messaged you a few times on your IG account; one was on your birthday. Hmm... Someone else is probably handling your IG account and you didn't even know that I'm following you right?

"Really, what did you say in the message"?

I think I still have it on my account... I leaned toward Yoongi and showed him my IG account on my phone

 I leaned toward Yoongi and showed him my IG account on my phone