Chapter 25

A few weeks after the proposal we started to plan for our wedding. Yoongi wanted it as soon as possible, but I wanted to have it next year. We went to a wedding planner and discussed everything. I said I wanted a small wedding with just a few people, only those that know us and are important to us. We decided to get married in the US, in 6 months. I told Yoongi I want Napa Valley. The wedding planner started working.

A week after we talked to the wedding planner we went to Daegu for Father's day to celebrate with his family. We got to Yoongi's parents' house in Daegu a little before midnight. We greeted his parents and went straight to his old room. We put the twins on his bed and settled ourselves in the makeshift bed on the floor. I told Yoongi that I was really tired and sleepy.

"Sweetie are you sick? Let's go see a doctor tomorrow".

"Jagi, I'm a doctor and I'm telling you I'm fine. Just need to rest". I went to sleep after that. I woke up late in the morning. I looked around the room and realized that everyone was up. I went to go to the kitchen and saw Yoongi, his parents, and my kids chatting and laughing while seated at the dining table and having breakfast. I bowed at Yoongi's parents to greet them then sat beside Yoongi. I pinched his side and told him.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were sleeping soundly I didn't want to disturb you".

I unexpectedly felt nauseous after smelling different kinds of food.  I felt the need to run to the bathroom and throw up. Yoongi was alarmed by what he saw. His mom followed me and was waiting for me outside the bathroom when I got out. She reached and touch my tummy and asked gently how far along is my pregnancy. I was surprised that she knows. I told her I'm 2 months pregnant and that Yoongi doesn't know yet. I wanted to surprise him on Father'day. His mom hugged me and said that she was happy for me and Yoongi and she was excited to see the babies.

Yoongi helped me sit down on the couch and asked.

"You looked pale Sweetie I think I need to bring you to the doctor. Do you want to eat?"

I told him I want Kimchi Fried Rice with samgyupsal. He found it weird that I want to eat that. He knows that I usually don't like greasy food.

"Are you sure?" 

His mom yelled at him and said "Yoongi-a just get her what she wants and don't complain". Yoongi was still puzzled. Yoongi watches me as I devour the Kimchi Fried rice. After finishing the food I went to thank his mom and said "Eomoni, this is the best Kimchi Fried Rice I ever had.

Yoongi said, "I made you kimchi fried rice before but you didn't like it".

"I want Eomoni's fried rice".

"Yoongi-a, you need to learn how to cook it my way or Nessa won't eat it".

______________________________

We gathered at the table for lunch, after the meal we greeted his dad with happy fathers day and gave him our present. When it was Yoongi's turn, we greeted him the kids gave him their present. The kids gave him cards that they made and a thumb drive containing videos of Kobe playing the piano and Senna rapping. Yoongi played the videos and was smiling widely. Kobe played the piano to the tune of I NEED YOU. It was rough and had mistakes but to Yoongi it was perfect. Senna was rapping and singing to Agust D's People with Kobe and I singing in the background. Yoongi can't help but feel proud of his daughter. He kept standing and looking at the screen and Senna, he couldn't believe that his daughter is this good considering she was only 5 years old. When the video was done I gave him my gift a small box containing things. I whispered to him Happy Father's Day and gave him a peck on the cheek. He was shocked to see the items in the box. He took out the pregnancy test and the sonogram picture from the box. He dumbfoundedly asked me "Sweetie what is this?"

 And then I replied, "Jagi, I'm pregnant and we'll have another set of twins in March". Yoongi doesn't know if he will laugh or cry. 

He asked, "did you say, twins?" He hugged me and whispered. "Thank you, it's the best gift I have ever received!" I told him it was bound to happen. He asked me why

"Well, you keep making up for the lost time, so there you go" and I laughed. Yoongi laughed out heartily at what I said.

_________________________

We got back to Seoul the next day and start changing our wedding plans. This time Yoongi was adamant about pushing for an earlier wedding. We change the wedding venue to a place in Seoul. Grand Walkerhill.The wedding is in two weeks,

"Jagi, I'm sorry I'm not of help with the wedding preparations. This pregnancy is different it's kicking me in the butt".

"Sweetie, no need to apologize for everything will be prepared for, you just need to show up".

"But I wanted to be hands-on with my own wedding but these babies in my tummy are not letting me". I pouted.

A few days before the wedding my Appa and Eomma arrived from the states. The kids were so happy to see them. For the first time in almost 6 years, I spoke to my Appa. Without saying a word, I hugged my dad and everything was forgiven and forgotten. Appa is excited to be part of my wedding. He met Yoongi and they bonded over their love for basketball and whiskey. Eomma and I were excitedly catching up.

"Eomma I missed you so much. Can you and appa just move back to Seoul" I asked.

"Princess, Appa's work is in LA and I still have my practice. Maybe in a few years when we retire, we'll come back here".

_______________________________

The next day all the other guests came. My brother came from Paris. Yoongi's brother came home from New York.

The wedding day was set for the last day of June. The weather was a bit humid and hot but mellowed down in the early afternoon. The weather cooperated and didn't rain at all.

I opted for a boho theme. I wanted our guests to feel relaxed when they attend our wedding. My gown was off shoulder lace wedding dress, with a feminine sweetheart neckline with a flowy train. Yoongi wore a beige linen single-breasted blazer and pants and white Dunks. The venue was filled with flowers that I like tulips, lilies, and hydrangeas. My bouquet was made of white and purple peonies. The flower girls' crowns have babies' breath on them. Everything was ready and set.

The wedding participants are all ready, music was played to Arioso by J.S. Bach when the wedding march started. My little boy Kobe was the ring bearer he was looking so handsome in his little beige linen single-breasted blazer and pants the kids' version of his papa's suit. The next in the procession is my daughter Senna and Miko (Namjoon' and Lyn's daughter) wearing baby pink knee-high dress. The girls were giggling and smiling as they were walking and throwing flower petals on the ground. Namjoon and J hope were Yoongi's best men and Bern and Dana were my maids of honor. Yoongi was the next one to enter, he was wide smiled, a gummy smile that always melts my heart. He was dashingly handsome in his perfect casual suit that complements his hair.