Chapter 12

My heart was full of the words he was saying. I kissed him again. This time I let it linger for a while. The kiss was passionate, hungry, and delirious. YJ pulled out of the kiss and led me to the makeshift bed on the floor. I could see from his eyes that he wanted me so badly, which triggered an ember at my core. He then started to kiss me again on my lips, cheeks, earlobes, and everywhere else that you can imagine. We were both vulnerable and willing to take a chance again, and today is the start. We both fell asleep from exhaustion. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a while. 

I woke up late and saw that YJ was already up. He was in the kitchen with Hyon, preparing food for us. He went toward me with a glass of water when he saw that I was sitting up.

He playfully said, "You're up, drink this. I think you lost a lot of fluids from crying so much and doing other things last night." He saw me smirk and he patted me on the head. Are you hungry? Let's eat.

"Oh omo, omo. I have a pounding headache"

Well, you had 2 bottles of soju, so that should do it. Not that I'm complaining; I'm thankful for the soju, as always.  And he laughs

Yah! Are you laughing at my misery?

"Babe, you're just so cute, I can't get enough of you."

I went to look at him and mouthed "I love you" 

I can see the joy on his face and the excitement in his voice as he giggles at everything. I have never seen him that happy.

We had our lunch and just vegged out the whole day. Bern and Hyon left, and it was just the two of us in his apartment.

"Babe, are you going back to Ilsan? You can stay with me while doing your internship at the hospital. "

"Babe, I don't want to be in the way of anything. I can just come by and visit you once in a while, maybe on weekends if you like. "

"No, you're not in the way of anything. I just want you here close to me all the time"

"I'm not running away from you. I'm just a few hours away if I'm not here".

"Can't you stay here at least a few days a week, so I won't miss you too much?"

"Are you sure I can stay here?"

"Why would you even ask that? If I have my way, I want us to move in together. Well, fuck. I want to marry you, have babies with you, and live happily ever after. But I know it's not up to me alone; you have to agree with it as well. So what do you say?"

"Well, I appreciate what you're saying, but maybe we need to take it one step at a time. I want to do those things as well, but not right now; rather, I want to do them later, when the time is right. Plus, you know how traditional I am. I want everything in place. I want to be proposed to. Nothing grand, just the two of us. I don't even need a ring as long as you ask me properly. Do you know what I mean?

"Of course, I'm not going to do it like this. I'm just letting you know that that's what I have in mind. I'm thinking forever here.

"Are you sure? Do you know how I can be moody and emotional and cry all the time? Can you deal with that?

"Babe, that's what I love about you. You don't put a front, you're always transparent with me.

OK fine, I will ask Imo if I can stay with you here for the duration of my internship. 

A few more months have passed and I'm almost done with my clinical rotation. I stayed with YJ all this time. 3 days before my graduation from med school I got home to our apartment tired and sleepy from my graveyard shift. I went to shower and straight to bed. A few hours later I heard the front door opening I got up thinking it was YJ. I was surprised to see a woman by the door with the key to our apartment. When the woman entered the apartment I got a full view of her and found out it was Aera.