031

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 — 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭-𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫!

"Get back up, Adeline," Aeron barked across the field when my back, for the 12 times today fall back onto the ground. My partner, a 6 feet tall male name Lucian, once again held his hand to my front for me to take. I huffed a strand of hair at the front of my face before taking in his hand.

Standing back on my two feet, Lucian doesn't waste much time before he once again lunges forward and hit my sides and the side of my calf. "Ouch, have mercy on me would you?" I said, glaring at the brunette man. His ivory skin glimmers under the sun. His thick brows arched and his deep chocolate eyes stared right at me with a slight hint of amusement.

"I would've been merciful to a lady," he started, as he slowly turned his posture into a laid-back stance. "But this is where you had to picture yourself on a battlefield. You have to attack and stop hesitating on your moves," he said, bringing his wooden sword to his sides.

Then he held his stare until he coughed and cleared his throat. He then placed his sword behind his back and look back at me before saying, "I have a proposition. I want you to hit me with all your might. I wouldn't fight back. I can only defend and dodged your attack. And if. And only if, you hit me, then you win."

"What do I get if I win?"

"You will at least be faster than how you are now," he said, shrugging in a nonchalant manner.

"But that is not a gift."

A chuckle emits from him as he sizes me up, letting his eyes run me with pure interest. "Yes, it is," he said again.

"No, it's not," I pushed.

"Take it or else."

"Or else what?"

His lips opened to reply but then he stopped as they hang open without words rushing out of him. I raised an eyebrow staring at the man. I could see his crease deepening and his face filled with uncertainty, trying to find the 'punishment for refusing his gift'.

I shook my head as I laughed lightly at his reaction. I would never have guessed I'd be seeing this side of the knights before this. Especially not after what I experienced during my first arrival.

"You can buy me a drink if I win," I offered him a suggestion. To which he quickly nodded. "You really want me to hit you?" I gripped the end of my stick tighter as my eyes starts running around his figure, starting to come up with visions of attacks that I could use on him.

"Yes," he said, nodding as he once again, placed his hands on his back. "Give me your best."

And immediately I sprang up and lunges at him. Every hit that I attempted, was to my dismay, dodged. He shifted left and right, jumped, and easily ducked each of my attacks. Yet I keep going. I keep trying. The more times I missed, the more determined I was to catch him, at least once.

But Lucian is as quick as a bunny. He's too swift for me to catch.

My breathing grows harder as time passes, and my feet start staggering clumsily, trying to catch him.

But alas, when Aeron called everyone off the field for a break. I still haven't been able to get my sword close to Lucian. And he smiled, patting my back lightly. "You did a wonderful job on your first day, lady."

"I have a name, you know," I said, staring up at him.

"So do I. And you know mine and I do hear yours being spoken around once in a while," he said. "Adeline, is it?"