046

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔 — 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲

We aligned ourselves on his bed, putting our bodies close to each other. I let him rest on me, nuzzling into me as he grips me ever so tightly - almost as if afraid I would leave him if he loosen his hold. The warmth of his breath sent shivers up and down my spine, making me tense in anticipation before relaxing again with a sigh.

"Goodnight, Nicholas," I told him, ruffling his hair softly as I hold him close to me. "I won't go anywhere, just sleep now."

He nodded lightly. I can feel his lashes on my skin, fluttering close. And then he huffed and his whole body fall into deep relaxation. It wasn't long before the man actually fall asleep on me. Sighing, I stared at his feature, illuminated by the burning candles at the bottom of our feet. He looks pretty even when he's sleeping.

I smiled and lifted my body enough to place a soft kiss on his forehead, "Sweet dream, my stormy prince," I told him in a soft whisper tone before I fixed myself back on my spot, slowly fluttering my eyes closed too.

The chilly air from outside the open window whirled around our room and it brushed past my skin making me shudder. I pushed myself impossibly closer to Nicholas's figure to fight the merciless cold of the night. With clattering teeth, I slowly find comfort in his warmth. He radiated enough heat for me to feel comfortable. His scent, his beauty, it all was magnificent. With my body close to his, exchanging our body heat, I felt much more at ease. Slowly, I find myself losing consciousness while being in his arms.

It wasn't long before everything grew blank and dark for me, pulling me into the void of nothing.

When morning came, the sun's rays hit my eyes making me squint in irritation. I could feel arms wrapped around me, forbidding me from making much sudden movement. Turning to my left, my vision was graced with the sight of a beautiful man, sleeping peacefully while he kept me protectively in his arms. His breathing was calm yet still holds the same warmth as it usually does. His lashes fall perfectly in his slumber and a whole part of him was just beautiful that I dare not wish to get out of bed and leave this beautiful scene behind.

But alas, I have matters to attend to today. A certain promise I made long ago. I have an errand with a certain friend of his. Sighing regretfully, I slowly tried to sit upright but before I could successfully lift myself up, the man beside me gripped my form and pulled me back down as he kept me back in place inside his embrace.

When did we get into this kind of relationship, I wonder?

"You said you won't leave me," he spoke in a sore gruff tone.

"I meant that for last night. I really have places to be at today."

"But you said the same thing last night and you stayed when you heard that I want you to stay."

Rolling my eyes, I huffed at his reply. That was truly my fault for letting him think that he have powers over me. "So you're saying you would beg me to stay just to keep me here longer?"

"Not just longer. I don't want you out of my sight. Ever."

"Nich– darling, did you hit your head? As far as I remember, you hated me. Didn't you still?"

"If I hated you," he paused before continuing, as he dropped his chin to the top of my head, "I wouldn't have asked you to share the bed with me."

"I– I get that but you used to want me to stay away from you and just meeting my eyes would make you start a fight with me. So how did that get to this?"