038 The Windikouk

Thirty Eight, The Windikouk

             Gasoline was tickling the bottoms of her bare feet, her lungs hurt from breathing so hard. The lighter in her hand left her skin cold. She let the lighter fall from her grasp — into the gasoline around her. Luna felt sick to her core, she could've lit herself on fire. "I — I what?" Stiles swallowed thickly, his bloody hands coming to hold the girls face — staining her skin. She didn't care, but she had pushed herself back. She could've thrown up everything she's ever know.

     "I-I tried to kill you?"

   It was poison, killing her slowly. Stiles shook his head, "Luna — it's alright, okay? It's okay, we're okay." The girl let out a sob, shaking her head. This was her biggest fear, and it all seem to be coming true. The girl let her bloody hands cover her face, shoulders shaking with nausea.

Stiles heart was hurting, too badly. Too much had just happened. The boy stood, careful steps towards the girl. He sunk down into a crouching position, ignoring the pain in his ankle as his arms wrapped around the girl. "I-I'm so sorry — I-I didn't mean to .. I-I would never .. Stiles, I-I'm so sorry!" The boys eyes screwed shut as he tucked his face away in the girls hair.

"It's okay. I promise. I know you would never."
"B-But I just tried and—"
"And it wasn't you, alright."

The Windikouk. Stiles wasn't gonna mention it now as he helped the girl up, her bloodshot eyes landing on Donovan's limp form. A small gasp rippling past her, "d-did I do that.."

Stiles walked away slowly, towards the desk phone. "No." Luna's eyes widened, head snapping towards Stiles' direction as her arms snaked around herself. "S-Stiles—" She was suddenly so cold.

"I-I killed Donovan."

Oh, Luna had really failed now. "I-It was self defense, Stiles." The boy shook his head, a shaking hand reaching for the phone. "I-I killed him.."

"It was self defense!" Stiles' head turned towards the girl, his eyes getting lost in her own — he could never be scared of her. Not even when death was facing him, by her. So, he chose to believe her words for the time being. "911, what is your emergency?"

   None of them could suddenly speak. "911, please state your emergency!" Luna could've heard Stiles' heavy breathing from half way across the world. Her eyes had locked on Donovan, and she could do was wish she'd done that to him. So, Stiles wouldn't feel this sudden guilt Luna had been carrying around for nearly three years. "You've reached 911, this line is for emergencies only. If you do not have an emergency, please hang up."