008

"Jon there's no time for sleeping. Maybe I'm just going crazy. Maybe they didn't mean to leave me out? Maybe someone accidentally marked out my name?"

"Yea. Exactly. You just need sleep. Here, take the bed. I need to go talk to father." Jon takes the dagger from my hands and guides me to the bed.

"Jon. Are you sure I just need sleep?" I asked hesitant to lay in the bed.

"I promise my love. Now get some rest, and tomorrow will go for a nice picnic. It's okay..." he assured.

He flicks the light off and exits the room closing the door behind him.

I pull the soft cloth all around me, keeping warm...eventually falling asleep.

(the following is Jon's P. O. V)

I shut off the light and closed the door softly behind me.

As soon as I turned the corner my father was right there.

"Father, just the man I needed to see. I was wondering if I might talk with you for a moment..."

"I'm quite busy son I was just about to send a raven explaining that w-"

"Father. It's about the girl..."

"What about the girl?"

"She knows...."

"What do you mean?"

"Not necessarily knows but she's getting close. She found the book in the library. I thought you had it locked up? I didn't think anyone but you could access?"

"What book, son?"

"THE book dad. The red book. That no one was allowed to touch except you. The history book." 

Father was speechless. Blank expression and all.

"Father.."

"The book was never locked up. I only said that so that NO-ONE would go looking for it...did she mean to look for it?"

I shook my head no. "I wasn't with her father. I wasn't. She stormed in our chamber with it. Threw it down angrily, held this dagger towards me.." I showed the dagger, still in hand. "Father...if she doesn't realize soon...we'll have to come clean."

"What all has she asked so far?"

I told him everything: she's asked who killed her father, asked if I seen the face, why she wasn't in the book...and I mentioned L.

"Why L?"

I showed him the book. "See. It says L.... And then a last name. But it's not legible. What do we do...we can't have anyone find out. Especially her."

"They will just have to keep quite. Now.." father touches my shoulder. "You shall go get some sleep, we have rehearsal tomorrow."

"Rehearsal? For what?"

"The wedding..what else would it be?"

"Father. She's not going to like that. We haven't really talked the details yet."

"Calm down son, it's just a breakfast. We can talk details over some toast...now. Go sleep." With that he turns away.
"Oh and one more thing son.."

"Anything father.."

"You are to stay by her side at all times. Don't let her out of your site." He walks off.

I make my way inside the bedroom once more. I feel my way around the room gliding my hands along the finely crafted furniture in order to find the chair to sleep.

I get as comfortable as possible and fall slowly into a deep sleep.