027

Jon and I leave the hut later that day whilst pushing the stroller.

We make it through the large doors of the castle and head straight to the dining hall.

There we saw Her Majesty (Kings Wife, Esme) and my mother talking, Esme in tears.

"What is wrong milady?" I asked frantically rushing to her side, a comforting arm around her.

"It's..it's my husband. H-his bad health I-I-is back..I'm so scared right now." She weeps as Jon now joins my mother and I in comforting the queen.

"Mother, where is he now?" Jon asked her.

"He's with the doctor..in his chambers. I would be careful if I were you..they didn't like me in there for very long." Esme wiped her tears, and looked toward my mother. "I would like a cup of earl gray, two sugars please..if you would."

My mother nodded, "I will be right back."

"Mother I'm going to see him, I will slice down the doctor myself if he forbids me seeing my father."

"Just don't get hurt Jon..." she states as Jon is walking out. "You should go with him dear..I know it would mean the world to the both of them knowing you were there in anyway you could've been..." she says to me releasing a comforting smile.

I stood up and dusted off my dress.

I looked to Esme once more before she nodded and assured me that it was okay to leave

I leave the dining hall and make way up the grand staircase, preparing myself for the worst to come.

As I reached the top of the steps, the doctor exited the room and said his goodbye, passing me in the way down.

I slip through the door, finding Jon by his dads side. "Jon? What have they said?"

Jon looks at me, motioning to a seat next to him. "Dr. Clark has told us...that father hasn't got much left.." he sighed..continuing he told me that his father explained to the doctor that it gets harder and harder everyday for him to remember how to complete certain tasks, and for him to even complete them is hard I'm general. He explained that his fathers lungs weren't strong enough to live another week.

Jon grabbed the hand of his father who lay in bed. "Jon?" The king has asked.

"Yes father? I'm here what do you need?" 

"I need you to...to...I need you to tell Esme I love her, and tell your wife, she's going to be an excellent queen, and an even better mother..."