011

The rest of the night was a total blur.

I lie awake in bed. I look to Jon, who was once again asleep in the chair..this time covered up with his cloak.

I stood carefully and tiptoed over to Jon.

I catch a glimpse of the sun peaking over the clouds ever so slightly, and with a light touch to Jon... "Jon, come to the bed. This chair is far to uncomfortable for you to sleep." 

"Don't worry about me. I don't mind it. Now go back to sleep." Jon says quietly, stirring in the chair.

"No, you take the bed. I'm going to get some breakfast tea, it's near morning anyway.."

"Whatever.." he mumbles then falls back asleep.

I, careful not to wake the sleeping prince shut the door behind me on the way out.

While making my way down the stairs I run in to Lilith, my new maid.

"Milady...what are you doing up this early..?" She asked stopping me in the stairs.

"I...actually was coming to look for you."

"Whatever for?" She questions.

For a moment in considered asking her....but I didn't. I instead asked her...

But I couldn't.

"Milady? Are you alright?"

"I was just wondering if I could bother you for some tea? I woke and realized I have a sudden thirst for some oolong."

Lilith bowed. "Of course, right this way ma'am. Shall you have a raspberry tart with that?"

I nodded.  "That doesn't sound too bad." And I followed her.

———————————

About an hour later I finally finished with my tea and tart.

"Lilith?" I asked the woman washing dishes.

"Yes ma'am?" She answered, stopping to turn my way.

"If Jon looks for me, or sends off for me...please let him know I'm in the library."

She bows "of course.."

I thank her and exit.

I softly hum on my way to the library.

As I enter, I smile softly at the quiet.

Peace and comfort.

Before my castle got invaded I was working on a landscape piece, I decided to finish that now.

I heard the library door open then close, footsteps soon after.

"Ah, Jon is that you? I was wondering when you'd wake from your slumber." I didn't get a response.

I wasn't facing the door so I wasn't able to see who had actually entered..I had no way of telling.

"Jon?" I thought he didn't hear me.

The footsteps approached, but instead of a loving embrace from Jon, I'm met with a dagger to the neck and a hand to my mouth.

"Come quietly with me...or your precious Jon gets it."