017

We were waiting outside his fathers office...

"You two may come in now, I trust it's news regarding the pregnancy?" The king greets us.

Jon and I walk in, the both of us standing on the other side of his fathers desk.

"Yes it is your grace, wonderful news actually." I said with a curtsy.

"Ah are you baring a son? Will this legacy continue after me?"

Jon nodded a soft smile to his father.

"That is wonderful news indeed. Sit! Sit! We mustn't waste anytime, you two shall be married next week!"

——————————————

Later that day while diner was being served, the king could not stop boasting his excitement.

Jon and I were sitting at his fathers side, Ghost sitting between us, waiting for any drop of food.

One of the men's servants, who's face I couldn't see due to his covering brought a test with a lid. He sat us down. (when a lady royal is present men servants must cover their faces with a cloth. Only loyalty in this kingdom.)

He uncovers it to reveal a gorgeously colored drink.

"What is it?" I asked him, taking into account the single slice of apple

"The chef called it an Appletini, Apple Martini if you will. He said it's a new creation he made to celebrate the new life being born into the family."

"How beautiful."

"He insisted you be the first to try it to see if you give off a positive reaction."

"And if she doesn't?" The king asked.

"Then he shall not make it any longer."

"Be careful, my love. It could be poisoned." Jon said.

There was a brief silence until his father slammed his hand down on the table and threw a fit of laughter. We all joined in. "That's a good one son. BAHAH POISON!!"

I look at Jon. Ghost whines, I take a piece of meat from my plate and hand it to Ghost. But he doesn't accept.

He continues to whine.

For a moment I thought the covered man said something, but it's hard to hear under the cover.

"Ghost what is it?" Jon asks attempts to calm him.

He starts barking, facing the drink in my hand Ghost uses his paws to smack it onto the floor, constantly barking.

A smoke smell fills the dining hall, the smell of crackling hit the floor as the drink somehow managed to burn through.

"What is this?" Jon unsheathed his sword. "Attempting to poison a woman, a pregnant woman, my betrothed?"

"What be the meaning of this?" The king asked.

"I assure you sir I didn-"

"Jon!"

Jon nods and takes the masked man's arm behind his back, sword to the throat.

"Now, we're going to find out who you are so we can properly cut your head off." The king said reaching for the man's hood.

He takes off the covering, only to reveal none other than Robb Stark.

I jumped back. "Get this man away from me." Ghost stand in front of me protectively.

"Oh calm down it was only going to put her to sleep, not kill her."