↳˳⸙ Chapter 7

Dedicated to Iceprince234x
[I'm sorry for the wait- but here's a new chapter with a special mention for you]

P.s. It took way too damn long but well, Happy New Year!

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

"The crown game is becoming more and more exciting! And now we only have the final round left!"  The speaker finally ensues at the start of the last round.

Elisa let her eyes wander around the area, to the teams who waited until this far end of the game.

"Wow, it's crowded", Khun spoke with a smirk. His eyes glinting mischievously that his teammates backed away from whatever evil plan he may be cooking.

"Way to speak the obvious.", Elisa retorted in her place inside the crown, on top of Bam's head. The said kid can only chuckle helplessly at the inevitable bickering that followed.

'That said, there are currently four teams in the stage. With the new team around, this will certainly ensure the upcoming hardships my team will face.', Elisa worriedly thought to herself. As much as she wanted to place her hopes on her team. With her currently useless, it's not a surprise that she'll have her doubts.

'Even Khun looks a little cautious of the new team. It is expected since we don't know their strengths. And hearing that they are the only team left in the other test area, also puts me on edge.', The currently smallest out of the four observes her teammate's condition. Everyone was alert, while Rak's brimming with excitement at the same time. Ellie can't help but feel a little bit of relief at the Crocodile being at his usual behavior.

Yet just as the last round starts, a certain individual in full body leotard with a mask securing her identity swiftly knocks out two teams all by herself. A striking performance that made Ellie feel excited and dread at the same time.

'Ahh.. A pity I can't join in the fun.' , The tiniest of them all sighed and watched the ongoing spectacle in front of her.

Khun and Rak charged ahead to stop the woman from advancing, but they were unsuccessful as she escaped effortlessly by acrobatic movements through the air.

"Tsk.. how troublesome.", Ellie muttered to herself as she jumped out of the crown and prepared a shinsu wave. The moment the enemy landed in front of them, the baang, with the size of her current body shot precisely to the head of her target.

Unfortunately tho, due to her circumstances, the aim was off and so, was easily avoided aside from the nick from the woman's mask on the side of her cheek.

"Baam! Duck and Back up to the throne!", Ellie quickly shouted the instructions to dodge the enemy, to which he quickly did.

Instead of forcibly taking the crown however, the lady in leotard, in a moment of mercy, calmly asked for them to give up the crown. Their other teammates were busy with the enemy's team, so they were all on their own.

"I'm.. protecting the crown till the end!", Baam said with determination. Even in the case of his potential death.

Ellie, who was even more helpless to help the boy even when she's close to him, can only watch as the spear descended upon her.

'I'll try my best to take all the damage and leave him unharmed..' , The Purple-haired thought, in full faith of her abilities in acting as a shield, even with her miniature size. She can vaguely hear someone calling them but it was lost to her as she closed her eyes and commanded the shinsu to her will.

But before it can be finished another shield was put in front of them, one that did not belong to either of them, nor to their other teammates.

Dumbfounded by this outcome, Ellie watched as another supposed enemy from the other test spot fought and saved them from the lady in leotard.

"Isn't that suit embarrassing? I can't bear to see that leotard.", their alleged savior spoke, compressing the shield she just used to save them. Judging the fashion of the clearly undercovered individual.

Baam was thoroughly confused and rightfully as he asked who was the one suddenly standing in front of them. So was Ellie, but she'll save her questions for later in favor of keeping her guard up to the team suddenly guarding them.

A girl, and a giant who seems to be guarding her.

They had no interest in the crown, but it still won't hurt to stay alert.

'Maybe it's unfounded, but i really got a bad feeling about this situation..' , The little Ellie stood tensely, clenching her hands on the crown. She failed to notice the lingering gaze that her carrier has been making to the girl just standing beside them.

Khun and Rak won their battles easily so there should be
no more struggle. Well, at least there shouldn't be. But the woman holding off the lady in leotard stumbled, and with that slight error, the enemy was quick to escape and charged straight to the throne.

Ellie braced herself, but instead of getting hit, the person who was guarding beside them was the one who was targeted and got hit in the head. This made her question why.

"Rachel?"

But the next seconds explained it very clearly.

The hit made it possible to reveal who was behind the cloak. And that very girl was the one Baam was looking for. It was safe to say that the boy was enraged and leapt out of the throne to save her.

While all that transpired, all Ellie thought of was the word 'why'. Countless of questions were answered in an instant and more were made. But she didn't get to ponder it all. As the enemy hit Baam who got in the way, she had partially taken the hit with her whole body and with no time to shield herself. She was thrown off alongside the crown, unconscious.

The woman went for another swing, but an unknown force suddenly lashed out around the throne area, a force unseen from the naked eye.

It was a bizarre scene.

The enemy's mask was broken, and she screamed out in pain from the injury she had gained.

The crown had all but vanished from the attack. Leaving Ellie, mysteriously back in her normal form, still unconscious.

"..Bam? Bam? Hey! W-wake up!", The woman who is now identified as Rachel, called out, holding his unconscious body.

"BAAM! ELLIE!!"