↳˳⸙ Chapter 28

A brief silence remained as their metal masked teammate return to his own quarters. Only three remained standing in place.

"What? We were worried for nothing then? How boring. I should get back to sleep." Novick complained out as he turned to walk away. But stopped as Viole started talking.

"Thank you, Mr. Novick. It's you who got Ms. Xiaxia drunk.. and got Mr. Reflejo to go out, right? So that my teammates wouldn't get caught."

Orla can tell he was a bit conflicted at the boy's mannerism, and although he claimed that he just wanted to find out what secrets they had. It was clear to her that he was also charmed by his light. As were all of their friends.

"Then can I ask you to do one more favor, Mr. Novick?"

"What is it?"

The Tall male asked, wondering what the favor could be, when the slayer nominee himself wanted his help.

"Fight with us. At the tournament tomorrow.. I will leave this team." Viole spoke with determination, as he declared how sick he was of the current situation. At last, he decided to fight back.

"Ahh finally~ I've been waiting for that."

The amber-eyed woman happily claimed. She was quite thrilled. How long has she been standing by? The moment she met Baam on that cave, alive. Elisa was ready to get him out of there.

Even if it means losing her life in the process.

But the boy didn't want that, he didn't want anyone to get hurt for his sake. Baam was scarred from the betrayal, and that hurt the girl more than she could ever imagine. Her life was for his to use, and as his friend, the boy wanted to protect her.

And so, she let herself be protected. As Orla, she got enough freedom to do whatever she wants, due to her past relationships with them. Viole, however, was considerably shackled. As a slayer nominee, he had to get stronger, and be manipulated by the higher order.

Ha Jinsung was a blessing in disguise for his malicious reputation. That gave Baam enough freedom that those geezers won't dare touch him.

As they retreated back to their respective rooms, Ellie remained outside, staring up in the sky. It was a mere illusion, yet as she stares at the lone moon hanged upon the deep night. It reminded her of someone.

Her hands gently raised to touch the jewelry that sat on her right ear.

"It's been so long.. I wonder if you actually wear my gifts? I hope you do... If not, then I think we still have a long road ahead."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Next day, it was time for the tournament. The other teams were to compete on the island, while Team MadDog and Team FUG fight a semi-final battle between themselves.

"The tournament has begun in the south, Viole."

Novick informed the boy. They were currently situated in an old monk's house inside the battle temple. Viole was seen wearing all black hakama, while Orla, from behind him wore a red hakama and a black top to compliment. It was time, to execute their plans.

Her eyes free of her binds glimmered like gold in the sunlight. She can't wait any longer.

As Team FUG walked down the steps in silence, Xiaxia decided to break it by talking about her last-night musings. But Reflego shut it down quickly, without any fuss. A certain yellowhead who has been observing from behind hummed in contemplation.

'Quite strange.. it seems like there's something going on.'

Viole asked for information about the MadDog, then goes on to declare that he'll fight him by himself. The masked man didn't go out of his way to express his displeasure, and instead kept quiet before looking at Orla.

"Then will you be also accompanying him, Princess?"

The woman in question smiled as though the man was asking such a stupid question. But contrary to her provocative smile, her answer had surprised them.

"No. I'm not an insect that sticks by his side all the time. Can't say the same for you though?"

A low blow. Their teammates exchanged eye-contacts as tension begins to rise, until it fully dissipates in just a second.

"Quite the comparison. But I digress. Be well on your well, Mr. Viole."

He brushed the topic off completely, making the woman squint her eyes at his behavior. It was quite suspicious in her books, and he's feeling quite muddled. Not a good thing for sure, but she trusts that Baam will get through this.

As the team split into their respective roles, Orla had stuck herself with Yuto. In her compressed, fairy form.

The other suspicious teammate, suppose she would usually think that this masked one was in league with Reflejo. But it's not something she has to worry about. The way they fight makes it easy to tell, but really, the woman in disguise can't really hide anything from her.

Silence remained between them as the round started, they just leisurely walked around. With the yellowhead just following after her lead. After a few more minutes, the distorted voice from her masked teammate called for her attention.

"My princess.. How long are you going to keep following around?"

The red helmet had finally decided to take notice upon her. It sure took long, was she passing time?

"Why don't you guess then? I'm sure you know how this will turn out. Right, Hwaryun?"

Orla had asked, whilst she revealed herself by decompressing back. She stayed in the air, floating comfortably. Hwaryun didn't seem surprised, still clad in her costume, she spoke back.

"I've been wondering when you'll call me out. But it took this long, do you need my help for something?"

A Guide. They who have the power to take a glimpse into the future and see people's paths. An ability that Orla was sure she was going to have, yet she never did.

Is it because she has been tainted? As a being that doesn't purely come from shinsu?

Yet another question for another time. Now, she wanted to make sure about something.

"Tell me. Will Baam finally be able to reunite with our friends?"

Although Orla trusts the boy, she couldn't trust the people around him. They were not easy to fool, and for sure, they had known that they were going to rebel. But at the very least, if the endgame was worth it, she was going to allow fate to run its course.

If not, then she was going to have to personally take rein of the situation. Even if that meant that she was going against Baam's wish, that she considers as her orders for life.

"Yes. He will succeed. So there is nothing to worry about, Dearest Faye."

This made her relax a bit. Finally, a confirmation. Orla was going to see this come true. And to note, she liked being called as Faye more than Princess. Seeing as the redhead somehow intimately calls her as the former, it seems like there was quite the connection between their race and her mother. Something she was sure to ask her next time.

"Then what do I need to do? What is my role in this play?"

There was a brief silence, and she sensed that it was quite grim. Judging by Hwaryun's expression, she didn't like what was going to happen. And there was a possibility that she had a plan to avert it by her own means.

"Don't. Come what may, I will see it through. If even the slightest change is done, there is a possibility that the path is going to alter its course."

"But-"

"Hwaryun. It's fine. Guides are supposed to show us the path that we can take. We still won in the end, did we not?"

There was nothing else to say. Although the redhead didn't want to budge or say anything to her, she was assured that she would let her path happen as it is.