↳˳⸙ Chapter 16

[That's what she's currently wearing in this chapter.]

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

Elisa calmly walked towards the Test Director's room. The other regulars were having a meeting, likely discussing what happens next after..

The lass didn't even bother attending, she had other matters to settle with.

She knocked on his door before inviting herself inside without waiting for any response. The moment she had closed the door, did the man speak.

"To what do I owe the honor for this visit, Ms. Elisa?" Yu Hansung politely asked.

The girl remained quiet and stood there, staring at him unflinching. When he noticed that she wouldn't talk anytime soon, he continued without pause.

"It seems like you have come to a decision?"

"Yes. I will finally come back. To FUG." She spoke in a soft voice, that held little to no emotion. A face that shows no care for anything, her indifference was akin to what she was known before.

Because underneath all that, there was a deep seething rage that the organization had wanted to use in order to drag the King from his throne.

"Very well. Welcome back, Beloved Princess of FUG."

Elisa hummed before turning to head out once again.

"I'll be off to give my farewells to the others."

"I see. Don't be too late now."

On her way out, she encountered the redhead once again. She seems to be on her way in a specific direction. Hwaryun had noticed the stoic girl and smiled at her as she passed her by.

'As I thought, she still remembers every detail. How troublesome..'

Nonetheless, she left the matter be. The first one she encountered was Shibisu, who was puzzled by her get-up.

"I'm going ahead, Shibisu." The girl known as Ellie to them, smiled apologetically.

"Ahead..? Are you leaving the team, Ellie?? Why?? Just when we decided we're helping Rachel climb up together.."

The purplehead's eyes twitched at the mention of the other girl. Rachel, the unknown variable that helped their plans. But she didn't let it show, and simply went to hug the man.

"I'm sorry.. I'm off to find Baam.." She whispered to him.

"Baam..? But isn't he-"

Before he can finish the sentence, the girl closed her eyes tightly and sighed, as she pulled back to look at him.

"Yes. I know.. but even then, I'm going to find him.. I... I don't want him to be alone.."

There was brief silence. Before Shibisu nodded in understanding, patting her back as he went off to find the others who didn't attend the meeting.

Elisa went on to say goodbye to the others, but she didn't give them much detail aside from finding Baam's remains.

Finally, the last person she has to talk to. The one she dreads the most.

"Khun."

She knocked before going inside his room. There he lays, drained from everything.

"Ellie.. Is this what you told me about..?"

The girl pursed her lips and gave him an affirmative hum in response. She stood there, in the middle of the room, watching him.

"What's with that clothes? Are you mourning already?" He sounded angry, that of all people, she had accepted it so fast.

That Baam was really gone.

Khun let out an irritated sigh and sat up to face his teammate. Now that he looks at her, she was looking worse for wear. Despite retaining a blank face, devoid of life. Her emotions were all over the place, he can tell that much.

"Khun.. I'm sorry. But I won't be climbing the tower with you."

"What..? What the hell are you saying right now? Why wouldn't you-"

To say the boy was annoyed was an understatement, he was livid. He needed an explanation for this sudden decision. Her decision to leave the team, to leave them. He was cut off before he could ramble any further however.

"I'm going to find Baam."

She declared so confidently, that it made the bluehead's eyebrows raise.

"Frankly, I don't believe that he died. And I know I'm being too hopeful for the impossible.. But I'll take it anyway. So I'll stay for the time being... I will follow you soon enough when I'm certain of everything."

Elisa finally stated out what she came here for. She waited, and waited for his response, but he remained silent. This made her sigh.

'So he's giving me the silent treatment.. That's fine. I'm already familiar with this.'

The girl smiled as she crouched down in front of him. It looked like he was thinking hard about something. Really, she can't help the fondness she feels for this boy. Elisa reached out to touch his face, and make him focus on her.

The proximity between them was dangerous. But neither seemed to mind as they stared at one another.

But alas, time waits for no one.

And so, she surprised him by reaching to his left ear and hinged on an earring she had in her keepsake.

"What did you..?"

"I'm sorry, Khun.. I've been keeping a lot from you... At least now, you'll have your memory back."

"My.. memory...?" The boy felt drowsy as he asked this, he wanted to ask what kind of witchcraft she was at it again.

'Wait.. again?' ,But before he can ponder about that matter, he ended up asleep in a matter of seconds.

"I didn't want to risk your safety.. after accidentally meeting me when we were children."

[Author's Note:]

To those curious, this was the earring.

I couldn't find any other suitable one

I couldn't find any other suitable one. And since I found inspiration from 'The unseemly lady' manhwa, i decided to reference it.^^