↳˳⸙ Chapter 31

"It.. looks like a needle?"

'Needle?' Orla had to double take, the floating bandaged thing on his shoulder was the thing those people wanted? It doesn't look anything special, but the yellowhead has this specific feeling that makes her somewhat attached to it.

Which is totally weird to be completely honest.

"Is it really that amazing?"

"It is. It only looks like that in its container. But nobody knows what kind of power it'll show once it turns into its real form. Although I'm not sure if our rookie slayer nominee.. will be able to control it well"

A woman's voice responded, coming from the entrance. The unknown person alerted Novick into his guard, he had no idea who the person in front of him was.

"W-Who are you??"

"Hwaryun..? How.. did you..." Viole asked in shock, how did the woman enter the test?

Well, he was soon answered. By the helmet of Yuto in the redhead's face, and even changed her voice to let them know it was her all along. This meant that she knew everything that was currently happening, and Viole was not happy with that.

"..You finally got the power. And now, I think you've became a man.. worthy to be my god."

Those words she uttered had the yellowhead in mixed feelings. On one hand, as someone who had offered her life to the boy (not that he knew it, yet), she was ecstatic at the news of her liege becoming more powerful and gaining recognition. As Faye, she should be professing her undying loyalty to him, for he is the chosen one.

However, as his friend, as Ellie, she was conflicted at the thought of Baam being seen as a god. Baam, who was innocent and kind, who was forced down into this difficult path and suffer in pain.

'In the end.. I guess a part of me was selfish. And that's what kept him in this hell-hole all these years.'

It hurt.

Orla had to wave the boy off with a smile, as if everything was alright, as though the woman didn't commit a grave sin to him. But it was going to be alright, because he was finally going to reunite with their-

He was finally going to reunite with his friends.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

In the midst of discussion whether Baam was going to meet with The Urek Mazino once again, his pocket lit up.

A call from Ellie.

"Ellie! Did you managed to get out of there safely?! Where are you right now?? And the others-" He bombarded her with questions. At the mention of her name, some people perked up in attention, eager to hear from the girl who was the only one missing from the reunion.

"Mr. Jue Viole Grace. My, I was contemplating whether who among the Guide and the Faye do you value the most, but I guessed right."

But it was not her voice that emerged, but a man.

"Reflejo!! What did you do to Ellie and Ms. Hwaryun?!" His sudden outburst shocked the rest, and they feared the worst once they heard the urgency in his tone.

"Well, Guides are pretty valuable. So I just gave her a little love. It's a pity though. I would've done a much worse fate to that Faye, but she needed to be silenced."

Dread filled the room, the last sentence seems to have pushed Viole to the edge. As did some, for the possibility of the girl getting killed... was far too cruel.

"If you don't come rescue them soon, they'll suffer death in the most painful way possible. Now, let's begin the final. If you save these colleagues of yours, you get to win. If I lose, I'll give up the game. But I'll keep the Guide."

"I'll be waiting at the place where the needle was held, Mr. Jue Viole Grace." And then the call was cut off, it was chaos momentarily, as the news of Orla's supposed death linger from their minds. The notion that the hostages may end up having the same fate made them act fast.

It was immediately decided that Team Baam, which consists of the boy, Khun and Rak will meet Reflejo. And the rest will rescue the hostages.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

The rest escaped after Viole finally went to the calling station. Hwaryun led the team once again as the Guide.

Orla opted to stay behind the group as look out. But seeing as their way out proves awfully peaceful, there was no need for worry.

In her lax posture, the woman unexpectedly got stabbed in the back.

"Shadow.." She muttered out, eyes glued on Reflejo's form.

This meant that he was a part of Karaka's soldiers, more specifically, Poken's underling.

Before she can retaliate, a chain was forcefully put upon her mouth and hands. The key part for using her technique. And worse, this prevents her from using any shinsu. They used her weakness against her.

Orla watched as they brutally took down the rest of her team, like they were mere insects.

"I wondered why you had contacted me. I hadn't expected you to put a tracking device in his pocket. Even the guide didn't see that coming." Reflejo spoke out.

'No. She did. She.. had just let it happen.' The only conscious one left from the group thought. Hwaryun respected her wish, and now, she was going to pay the price.

"Now... For our most beloved Faye. Don't worry much. Although I wanted to tear you apart with my own hands. Slayer Yama seems to have taken interest with you."

As if on cue, Team Mad Dog walked in just as the metal freak talked. He stared at them for a couple of minutes, before stepping back to let them take the hostage.

"And so, in exchange for the help, he wanted to have the Faye on his side for reason unknown. But I have an inkling you'll be reduced as dog food."

Orla wanted to scoff. As if she'll get scared and believe him. Although he had managed to restrain her, he's still quite ignorant of matters regarding her existence.

"We'll be off then, Reflejo~"

Before they left, the masked man took her pocket. What use is he going to do with that?