↳˳⸙ Chapter 17

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

'It's cruel and selfish.. but I wanted him to remember me... and never forget me again. It was agonizing.. to see him act indifferent. Knowing...'

Once upon a time, there was a boy who liked slacking off his classes and hiding by the river away from the estate he lives on. He often goes fishing or simply just spends time sleeping under the shade of a big tree.

Then one day, a girl around his age appears. She was certainly not one of his relatives. With striking long yellow hair that sparkled like gold in the light, and hypnotizing amber eyes that held a certain gaze he cannot distinguish what. But it was warm, she was like the epitome of warmth.

But as much as he was flabbergasted at the sight of another person who he would categorize as 'rare'. He became wary. Although it was far, his residence was near the area, and suddenly, an unknown person suddenly popped out? It screams suspicious behavior.

"Who..are you?" The girl asked, tilting her head curiously.

"Me? You should introduce yourself before asking you know." He retorted back, crossing his arms with a huff.

"Hmm.. Is that so? I'm Elisa! It's nice to meet you!" She held a hand out just as she had cheerfully introduced herself.

"Now, please answer me~ Who are you? Where am I? Ohh better yet Where are WE?? It's pretty-"

"Woah woah stop right there! You're talking too much. Let me talk, okay?" The boy reigned the energetic girl and reprimanded her at the same time. Although it made her pout, she followed him otherwise.

"My name is Khun Aguero Agnes. And I came from the Khun Family, one of the great 10 families in the tower."

He had proudly introduced himself, and this made her clap and WoW in response, as it seemed appropriate for the atmosphere. She had noticed however, that it seemed like an automated sentence, one that he probably had said for hundreds of times.

"And we're currently in my secret place. And talking about the word 'secret', How did you end up here?"

The change in his emotions from friendly to cold was impressive, that the girl felt a little taken back. But she strangely didn't feel that threatened, and so, she kept her tone light and smiled at him.

"I got lost!"

There was brief silence, as if he was waiting for more. But that was all she had to say, Elisa just stated the truth.

"That's it?"

"...Yeah? Why?"

Khun sighed in frustration. The girl was even more of an airhead than he thought.

"Okay! Firstly, Where did you come from?"

"Oh! So I came from that direction- I just woke up you see, and I.. just remember me! And my mom? She's dead so I don't know...." She babbled out in a lively manner before it all died down in the end and it transitioned to a blank gaze into nowhere.

The boy felt pity and sympathetic for the girl. It didn't seem like she was kidding, judging the heartbroken look on her face. But he had to keep a face, less he exposed himself to a total stranger.

"I.. don't have anywhere to go..." She mumbled, looking down in defeat.

Nonetheless, Khun frantically tried to find ways to comfort her. She seemed to be on the verge of hysterically crying to the world on why she was born in this world.