↳˳⸙ Chapter 9

[➞] ELISA P O V

Flashback to two days ago, it was Lero ro who introduced the next agenda to the regulars. I went and sat down in between of my teammates. While the man in front went into his usual go-lucky-buddy greetings, I turned to see Khun whose lost in his own thoughts.

Knowing what he's currently thinking, it was hard not to sympathize. But since they need to be on their top form, I decided to mess with him for a bit.

"Hey blue, you look so blue."

The words that went out of my mouth sounded corny, but seeing his face twist in disgust at my sorry attempt to make a joke ended up making me laugh hard instead.

"Chill out~ I'm sure Baam will make it." , I confidently exclaimed, earning the attention of my teammates.

"How exactly? He's currently bedridden and who knows when he'll wake up." , He stated out the undeniable fact, which ensued a temporary silence between the team before I decided to break it.

"By some miracle i guess? He's Baam. I would even change his name to something like Lucky just because of the fact he's always favored by it."

This statement made her team smile and even bellowed out some laughs in the crocodile's case. Because it was indeed true in some ways.

It was then that Lero ro started explaining the next test.

"The test you're taking this time is the 'Positioning Test'!"

'Positioning..? Ah.. that. I recall that Mom was a Guide.. do i also belong in that category..?'  The thought of having same position as my mother had once had made my heart flutter.

".... Of course there are more positions beyond these five, such as the Guide-"

These particular words caught my attention, and now I'm really hopeful. To the point that I'm leaning forward to hear the man more clearly.

"-But it doesn't have much to do with you." , Lero ro finished his explanation.

And that, broke my hopeful heart into dust. There goes to having the same position as Mom.

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

Back to reality, Elisa was left sulking as Lero ro continued on with his explanation before showing their assigned positions.

'Oh? A scout? Not that I know much but it's a pity that I'm not with the others..' ,The purplehead thought to herself, before analyzing everyone's position.

Khun on other hand, was certain of his position.

'Light Bearer.. Baam is a wave controller? That's unexpected.. Then crocodile in the spear bearer, not that surprising. Ellie on the Scouts? Hmm.. I thought she would be a Fisherman or even a Wave Controller..' , The bluehead momentarily stole a gaze on the woman sitting beside her before going back into his own thoughts.

Rak on the other hand,

'..How come I'm.. not a fisherman!'

Elisa took notice on the fuming alligator, and questioned to herself why. It was obvious that being a spearman suited him more than he seems to think so.

But being a kind teammate that she was, she patted the big man's back in sympathy. Leading the crocodile into taking his anger out to the female once more. Well, not that she minded, it only gave her the laugh in the end.

"Sir! What does 'Best Seed' written beside the names mean?" , Someone from the crowd of regulars asked.

"Best Seed? People with 'Best Seed' are the ones who did well in the previous test. One person was chosen per test and they get a bonus point in the final positioning."