↳˳⸙ Chapter 13

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

Team Baam sat adjacently from each other, with cups of beverage on their side. For a second there, they were transported to another location. Elisa blinked and it was all gone.

'Strange..'

But it seems like she wasn't the only one to think so, with Khun commented the same thing, relieving the girl from overthinking that she was going crazy. And also her mood soon improved, as the crocodile sitting across her looked so joyful not to be affected.

"So.. Let's talk about how we're going to make it to the top of the tower. The crocodile and Ellie already passed the test. Baam and I will probably pass the test. The problem is Rachel.."

Khun led the discussion, and like what he pointed out, Rachel has enough points to pass but she might not make it due to her injuries. Now, they decided to find a solution so they can all go up the tower.

When he mentioned that they needed someone who knows the test, Elisa perked up and pointed at herself.

"I do. A particular short-haired blondie."

"Then I'll talk with him"

The girl waited for the next words, like 'you'll come with', but it never came. So the next moments she just stayed still in her place while they talk away, silently plotting to trail after the man.

"Alright, Let's build a bigger team. Let's get more people we trust to go up the tower with us." , Khun, the ever distrustful blueberry that continously doubts everyone suggested. Of all people, he was the person most unlikely to go as far as even trust her. Not that the plan wasn't good, it was actually great. Elisa just didn't expect it from him.

"Hey! Turtle! What's my role then?"

"You're the leader."

With that answer, the ever gullible crocodile was satisfied and happy with it.

"Okay! The results will be announced at 6- For the next seven hours.. Let's conquer evankhell's hell."

Knowing Baam, he'll do just fine finding trusty companions. Now, all Elisa needs to do is follow this cunning teammate of mine.

And so, she followed closely behind Khun, who was on his way to Lero Ro's room.

'So he did come here, yet he didn't think of asking for my help- so mean..', she grumbled to herself, guess he's going to reveal something to the man.

The moment they were let in the room, Lero Ro's eyes remained on the purplehead, who sat on top of the humongous chair the boy was on. It seemed like he didn't notice the girl who tagged along.

Elisa made a gesture of putting her finger on her lips, telling him to stay quiet, smiling slyly as she did so.

Although he was curious, Lero Ro obliged to her request. Turning a blind eye to her presence in the room, he inquired why the boy visited him in his room.

As the girl listened from one ear to another, she caught a particularly interesting information from the boy himself.

A redheaded regular. The one caught in Baam's defensive attack and impaired her right eye in the process. She was mysterious, and tipped the bluehead off about Hoh.

It was a fool not to be suspicious of her, and so, knowing what the rest of their talk will go, the girl decided to leave in search of the woman.

Elisa found her on the railings, the place where she confided to Khun about her fears of the future.

'Come to think of it, He might think that this situation is what I was talking about.. but I know it's not this one...'

She watched as the red-haired regular turn around to smile and greet her. This action made her smile. The purplehead waved back to the other girl as she closed the distance between them.

'Perhaps she might know it.'

"Did you know I would come to you?"

When the girl didn't answer to her question. But she didn't need to, it was easy to tell after all.

"Not that it matters... but.. I just wanted to know.. if you know who I am?" Elisa asked with a chirp in her tone, pointing at herself like a kid.

Her eyes meticulously watched the redhead's actions. From the way she stiffened, then relax as she calmly answered back.

"Yes, Miss Elisa _____. One of the prime candidates for the Slayer position. Yet mysteriously went missing all those years ago.. Pity. You don't seem that powerful to me."

The redhead- identified as Hwaryun stated, the last sentence was said to test her reaction. But instead of being angry, the girl smiled sweetly.

"Oh are you worried? Don't be, I assure you." , She bluffed. True to be told, Elisa was weak. She may seem monstrous with her strength, but that's all there is. After years of hiding away, she didn't think that she'll ever need powers.

Until now.

And so, she lied with confidence. There was no need to prove that she was right, when there was nothing to be scared of. Hwaryun seemed to accept that, she was instantly filled with relief. The redhead may seem to fear her, it still won't change the fact that she's an unknown factor.

"I see... Then is there something that you need from me?"

"Baam. Why are you involving him?" Elisa finally asked what she came here for. She already knew that he was an Irregular. But it seems like there's something else to their motives.

"Are you looking for a way to stop it?" At the purplehead's nod, her lips quirked up into a smirk.

"You can't stop it, Faye."

This made Elisa's face contort into something ugly, and her hand hovered over the redheads face. Yet rather than looking scared, she simply closed her eyes seemingly accepted her fate.

At this action, the purple-haired lass scoffed and said.

"Don't be too dramatic, it's not like I'm killing you. You.. just won't remember anything at all."

A light emerged from her hand and something akin to golden dust fell into the girl's face. There was only one thought that remained in the redhead's mind.

'But don't be disheartened, Our most beloved Faye.. You too, will soon know why..'

[Author's note]

I'm still in a bind as to when I'll reveal her abilities- well, stay tuned^^

P.s. I thought I already published this hours ago but apparently not-

P.p.s. Oh actually, I did publish this- wattpad is messing with me