↳˳⸙ Chapter 32

The battle with Reflejo had ended with Team Baam's win. Yet aside from the red-haired guide, there was no sign of the last member of their group. And what's even worse, the dissolving solution was going to be poured upon them soon.

"Where is Ellie?!" Baam inquired the blind man. Despite the very ground crumbling from the solution, he was worried for the girl who had remained by his side all this years.

"Ah.. the Faye? She, who possess tremendous potential, had chosen to help you instead for the other slayers... I see it now. As for her fate, I wonder..?"

Even as they were falling to their deaths, Reflejo remained cryptic till the end. He vowed to keep his mouth shut in exchange for being able to handle this mission.

Finally, he will fulfill his last wish in this very moment. He won-

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!"

The familiar voice of the proud Zahard princess caught the attention of many. She came to the rescue, with Hatsu in hand.

"ENDORSI?!" "PRINCESS OF ZAHARD?!"

"Googly eyes is finally here-!!" Rak cut himself off when the woman suddenly stepped on his head. The disrespect of this turtle.

The woman in question ignored the incurring rage the crocodile was about to give her. Jeez, She was saving them, he should be grateful for being stepped on.

She offered her hand to the man she was about to date.

"Let's go! Boy!"

The boy made eye contact with Reflejo for one last time before turning to meet his friend's eyes.

"Let's go... Outside!"

Baam took her hand with his right, and didn't forget to grasp Khun's hand with his left. Lest he'll be left out.

As soon as they were out, they were faced with a ranker. A troublesome ordeal this fortunately were able to evade due to the person suddenly retreating.

It definitely wasn't because Quant had came to the rescue. Although that's what he chose to believe.

They were finally safe. Relief had quickly filled the ship as friends and companions reunited once again.

Yet a certain team felt distraught.

"Have.. you guys found where Ellie is?"

There was silence as Baam quietly asked. And that immediately answered his question, unfortunately enough.

They all turned to Khun. Hoping that he will found a way to comfort the boy and surprise them with a plan. Yet even he was looking down the dumps. A world-ending situation.

"Oi. Answer the black turtle- where's the purple turtle?"

At the dinosaur's words, some took a look at Prince, not knowing who he was referring to at first.

Seeing as there was nothing to gain in sitting in silence, the slayer nominee planned to look for her right at this very moment.

Before he can take on such a reckless task, a certain swordsman took a step forward.

"Baam, wait. Look at this for a second." There was a small glowing yellow box-like thing in his hand. It was the size of a gift box which usually holds a ring.

"What is that..?" "Are you planning to propose-" "Huh?! What do you mean proposal?!"

Well, you can deduce who screamed the last sentence.

"Don't be ridiculous. I have a feeling.. that she's here. I got this from Ron Mei. Seemed valuable so I took it."

He explained his gut feeling. And even spoke out for his crime. Although it was somewhat valid, Khun wanted to tease the man.

"You're the one whose being ridiculous. Aside from theft- How can Ellie fit in that-"

"She can compress herself at will..." Miseng commented, and her other teammates backed her words.

"..Then is she a compression licenser?"

Ship Leesoo inquired, confusion evident on his tone. And he has the right to be so, since it's usually only applicable for beings who have large structures.

But Elisa was a normal-sized human. It doesn't add up. So while the others might think so, some may think otherwise. A certain bluehead shared eye-contact with the bald scout.

"I think so.. she didn't mention anything but that's the only explanation." The chestnut boy said, a little unsure himself but decided to go with it.

"Aside from that... Why didn't you just open it then, Hatsu?"

A question many may have thought. The box doesn't look like anything special, apart from it's unusual glow that seems akin to a heart beat.

"I can't. There seems to be some kind of spell on it.. I considered just breaking it but even that didn't work."

A spell. Considering that Ellie might be locked in there, it might be a powerful one at that. Forbidden Spells can get involved here, knowing that it's from FUG.

"Wouldn't that kill her if you succeeded tho?" Akraptor spoke something some have also thought so. But he was shocked at the boy's bluntness.

"Well it didn't so-"

'This bi-'  Khun really wanted to hit the swordsman. Though it might be true that he failed, he was still quite careless in this case.

"Can I check it..?" Baam put a stop to his thoughts. It looks like the boy wanted to see if Ellie might really be there. Hatsu willingly gave it to him, as there was no harm in doing so.

But sometimes he wanted to hit himself. Just as the box ended up in his awaiting hands, an unexpected bright light had blinded them all. It came from the box.

When the light receded, it was sudden chaos, as they stressed over what had just happened. Once they all got their bearings, they found a tiny person who slept soundly at Viole's outstretched hands.

"Woah! It's Ellie!" "So cute~" "Never gets old."

Khun was in shambles. The spell that even Hatsu deemed powerful, instantly got unwind with just a simple touch from Baam. Did it came from the needle? Or was it Baam himself?

The bluehead found that he was too tired to think more of it, for now. Ellie was found. They were all safe and sound. And he needs some beauty sleep.

"Oi. Give her some space."

But even as they fuss over the currently tiny woman, she was still unresponsive. He wanted to check if she was injured or worse, but quickly shut the idea down as there were too many people around for comfort. Then suddenly, she grew back to her original size.

Baam, who was holding her in his hands, seemed to have expected this and adjusted his hold to make her feel more comfortable in her arms.

"Well, now that we found her. Let's put her in the infirmary to rest. Speaking of it, you can all do whatever you want this time. It's been a long day after all."

And with that, the day has been cleared. Some stayed up and celebrated all night. But the best tri bois sleep through it, side by side. An adorable image that Elisa would kill to see for herself.