↳˳⸙ Chapter 27

[Dress for the party^^]

When the surroundings got narrower and there were fewer people around, the boy dragging the yellowhead started to babble about how mesmerizing she was.

"It was so pretty! You were so good!"

How she managed to make him talk this much to the point he had to get them in a quiet place, it was really a mystery. Although there were risks leaving him with these overflowing emotions, Orla didn't care much.

Come to think of it, he never watched her dance in person until now apparently. It brings a frown onto her face, that worsened into a scowl once they were greeted with a kid in Viole's room.

The guts of this kid, trespassing not just any room, but the slayer nominee that hails from FUG. But considering the aura he gives off, seems like he's not just any kid.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my room..?"

"I'm here to meet you, Jue Viole Grace. My name is Beta. I'm just like you. A living Ignition Weapon."

Orla scoffed, crossing her arms as she judged him. She interjected before her teammate could outwardly show his emotions.

"A Living ignition weapon? Don't be ridiculous, there's no way you are when the research was called off-"

"Ahh, Orla Grace. I've been hearing myths about you. All that dates back to the foundings of FUG. You look quite shaken up, 'Successor'?"

His words rendered her speechless, bringing a somewhat sadistic smile on the boy's lips at her loss for words. Finally, a clue to her past, and she did not like it one bit.

Viole ended up having to butt in and question the boy's motives. Seeing as the slayer nominee didn't have a clue to what was happening, it brought a discontented look on Beta's face.

"What? You really don't know anything? It's kinda disappointing to see 'The Completed' being like this."

'The Completed..?' Viole echoed her thoughts out loud.

"Well, you don't seem to know how to wake the devil up yet. But think carefully, why would FUG brought you here? And why would they try to win this battle? The winning prize of the workshop battle is special because it will belong to the winner forever. So what could this prize that they want to keep forever be?"

His words did make sense, and by looking at her teammate's face, she knew he was very curious. And knowing that his friends are all inside the Archimedes, any potential danger will make him very wary.

As will she. But she'll take his words like a grain of salt. Trusting him has it's risks, and we never know, it might very well be a trap.

"Ask her.. and she'll tell you about it" Beta gave him a device, who'll 'answer everything you ask' he said.