↳˳⸙ Chapter 14

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

It was well past 6, meaning that Elisa was late for the announcement. Yet when she entered the room, there was no sign of regulars in the seats. They were all gathered up front, with no authorities in sight.

Baam was also missing.

This made the girl's eyebrows furrow. Worried of what had taken in place while she was away.

As she descended down the stairs, she can hear Khun's voice. Who declared that he won't climb up the tower with an Irregular. This filled the Elisa's heart with dread.

The fact that they knew that Baam was an Irregular. Hence his absence. And her teammate's words.

But she didn't want to overthink much, but after hearing the redhead's words. It was hard not to. And so, that's why she waited at the steps. Watching everything unfold.

Then Rak interjected, calling the bluehead a coward and exclaimed that he would climb with Baam, before walking out in a rage. As he passed by her figure, he said something that made her smile.

"Don't overthink too much, Purple turtle."

In the next seconds, all the other regulars had also decided to climb with the Irregular. And as they see the familiar Purple-haired girl on their way out, they looked determined to know her decision.

"I'll always be with Baam."

With those parting words, it was only Khun and Elisa left in the huge room. As the girl closes the distance between them, he spoke up.

"Do I need to convince you as well?"

The purplehead scoffed and sat by his side with a huff.

"Don't tell me you got a hearing impairment? Want me to get you a doctor? I'm quite sure the reason for it is from that tacky earrings." She sarcastically asked, earning her a vexed shout from the male. It made her to laugh rather haughtily when he started to defend his precious earrings.

A few minutes later, Rak walked in to check on the blue turtle. But seeing the two having a moment together, he just shook his head and left them alone. Muttering about 'Turtles- too scared to mate' under his breath.

The day after, it was Hoh's funeral. As the few select people paid their respects in silence, Selena, poured a bottle of wine to his grave. Her own kind of intimate way in showing her respect.

Elisa was one of those select people, but she stayed behind the main group. She knew and interacted with the man at some point, but she did not consider him part of those she'll solely call 'friends'.

It's wrong. To feel like she has to ignore people just because they don't feel significant enough. It's a funny feeling, almost like intuition but much stronger than that. Elisa still didn't know what to call it.

As the Faye, she's supposed to be considered as valuable. But she didn't know why so, having lost her memories of more than hundreds of years ago. Elisa felt and acted like an 18 year old girl because that's how far her memories went.

But the girl often wonders this;

'Did Mother.. erase my memories? Why?'

Yet as much as she wanted to ponder on this thought. The administrators test is a much bigger issue to think about.

And so the next few days after, the regulars(and one irregular) did their own training and strategies to be ready for it.

Elisa had joined Khun and Shibisu in their discussions, but often times, she wanders out alone to train herself. Baam and Endorsi were training together, well more like the latter teaching(kicking his ass) the former. And Rak with the other spearbearers, practicing their throwing(competing).

There was a time for celebration before the big day. And to ensure that everyone will go, the party was in Laure's room. Everyone, those who passed and those who failed, had all joined it. It was like a goodbye party for the them, a day to remember their experiences together.

It was time for the test.

Known as the 'The submerged fish hunt test', all they needed to do was help the dolphins herd fish for their queen. With Baam and Rachel acting as fishes, they must come out of the queen's holes to pass the test. The other regulars must stop the factors such as predators like Thieves, Dogs, and the Bull.

As one of the scouts, Elisa's role was to relay the movements of the Bull's movements to Khun, the lightbearer. But having next to no information about it, the purplehead had to meticulously search dark area where it might presumably linger.

And if she were to encounter it, she can either subdue it herself, or wait for reinforcements if proved to be difficult.

The girl has been roaming for about an hour into the test but still nothing. It was quite frustrating to say the least. But as if sensing her unease, the lightbearer of their team spoke to her.

"Ellie! The Bull is in Shibisu's location! Assist the princesses."

"Roger that, Hair Straightener Prince."

"Hey! This is no time for codenames! And besides, it's too tacky!"

"What? Like your earring?"

There was an irritated grumble on his side before she was cut off contact.

"Ehhh? He backed down so fast, lame." Elisa mutters to herself, increasing her speed to meet with her fellow scout. She was trying to keep the mood light, but guess it won't work this time.

He was worried, and seeing as she's so far out from the others. It'll take time before she can get there, even with her current speed. But the purplehead was not that worried, the princesses were near his area.

A few minutes later, Elisa can see the familiar figure of the man in his tracksuit. Yet there was no Bull nor there was any princess in sight.

"Shibisu!"

At her call, the man turned around and cried in relief at her arrival. While he was babbling and clinging to her for his dear life, the girl took her time examining the surroundings. Once his antics got way too long, she pushed him off with a huff.

"What happened? Is the job finished already?" The lass inquired the kneeling scout.

"Oh! The Bull escaped and now their running after it." Shibisu informed her while standing up and brushing dirt off of his clothes.

"What? Were they fighting each other again? Ugh, forget it, lead the way in their general direction."

They had searched the area near them, but there were no sign of them. So they widened their search into the dark areas where Elisa was situated before. They had opted to stick together, as the man can't defend himself when danger does comes.

Shibisu was panting quite haggardly as he followed after the girl's lead. She honestly wanted to slow the pace down so he can take a few breaks. He persisted earlier, saying that he was worried for them. But seeing his state right now, there was no objection from his side.

When he started talking to himself, the girl knew he was in contact with the bluehead. Elisa chuckled to herself.

'Now that we're together, he's taking this opportunity to spend less time communicating with me. That's just cold.' The lass let out another amused laugh despite her words.

In all honesty, she wanted to distract herself by acting silly. There was something so wrong with this test, and it's making her nerves haywire. However, she didn't want to act so paranoid. Without any proper evidence, Elisa will follow through her blueberry teammate's orders.

The girl easily scaled the high ground by jumping. But the man took his time climbing it, she was scared that he might fall from trembling so much. And he did.

Luckily, Ellie was there to catch him.

"Thanks Ellie.."

She nodded and jumped back up before letting him down. She can tell that Khun was trying to comfort him, but he still seemed worried. Guess he can also feel the tension in the air.

They continued on their journey in finding the lost princesses.