↳˳⸙ Chapter 12

[➞] 3rd Person P O V

The next day, a normal morning greeted the regulars. Hearing Lero Ro's voice in the morning as he declared that meals are free for the day now that the test are already finished. It was enough to raise Elisa from her slumber. Free food was calling her.

As she went her way to the cafeteria, the proctor then announced that the list of regulars who will take the final exam, at exactly 6 pm that very day. Once she caught sight of the familiar color of blue, the purple-haired lady sped up to catch after him.

"One evankhell special fried rice." , His voice rang out, and Elisa ended up thinking of eating the same thing. She had a hard time thinking of what to pick with the variety of options to choose from.

"Make that two!"

She echoed out from the bluehead's side, then she noticed someone in the man's line of sight.

"Hey, Endorsi! Err.. Did I interrupt a confession or something?"

"HUH?!"

"NEVER!!"

"Jeez, calm down.. we're friends here, aren't we?" Elisa huffed out, sitting in between the weirdly moody people she called companions.

Silence was the only answer that she received as they focused on finishing their own food. After what seemed like eternity, the bluehead spoke first.

"I never imagined.. a badge inside the skirt."

"I could say the same about you. You really lost the game for Baam..?" 

The purplehead who was in the center, can already feel the  pressure starting to drop. That's why she instinctively shrunken down as the two exchange words.

"Didn't you promise that you would keep Baam and Rachel.. from meeting again?"

"Well.. I couldn't stop him."

"You ruined everything." With those last words, the son of Khun stood up to leave, deliberately ignoring his teammates gaze.

"Sorry about that, Endorsi.. Let's talk sometime, kay?" Elisa apologized on his behalf. Standing up to follow after the boy.

As the daughter of Jahad was left alone, she complained about her food tasting terrible and should've order eel instead.

Focusing back on the purple-haired regular, after minutes that ranged to an hour of searching, it was obvious that Khun was deliberately avoiding her. He thought he could get away from her? What a rookie mistake.

In the end, he would be lying down on his bed or some place quiet while he sort out whatever he's thinking. It might seem like a stalker type of knowledge to know, but it was just a general thing she noticed about him.

And she found him interesting.. so the word 'general' might be too small to describe it.

Although the moment Elisa had reached her room, she heard Rak's voice along with the boy she's been looking for.

'Ah.. Deja vu..' She sighed a breath out before deciding to confront them inside. Yet as she reached out to open the door, she found herself frozen, once the topic, shifted to Khun's past.

The lass knew that if she were to interrupt them now. He would be tongue tied to even speak a word of it with her in the room. He didn't trust her enough to actually share something about himself, and that's understandable.

She has a lot of secrets after all.

And so, Elisa ended up leaning her back against the door. With her arms crossed and head down, she looked like she was guarding the door. But in reality, she was illegally eavesdropping on something she wasn't a part of.

The lass didn't know how long she was there, but once she noticed the familiar black-haired companion closing in on her direction. She straightened to compose herself and greeted the boy with an innocent smile.

"Hey, Baam. How are you and err.. Rachel?"

"Ms. Ellie! I'm fine, but Rachel..." , The boy trailed off, making the girl feel guilty for asking all of a sudden. But she was soon surprised when Baam looked at her with a determined look in his eyes.

"Are the others inside?" At her affirmative nod, he went to knock on the door, before unceremoniously opening the door. It both amused intrigued the girl, leading her to wave happily at her teammates from behind the serious boy.

"...Baam? Ellie?"

"I have.. something to tell you. Rachel.. might not be able to walk anymore."

His words shocked his companions, giving the room a brief silence to process the information and what will come after. But while the other half of the team thought of the worse outcome, the remaining half, namely Baam and Elisa knew otherwise.

"I heard it's curable with shinsu.. But it takes time.. and costs a fortune.. and besides, we need an expert... So.. I think I'll..."

Not don't get her wrong, she loves this boy and is willing to even die for him when it comes to it. But the suspense in waiting for his decision drives their teammates crazy. Although, Ellie knew just from his eyes that she didn't need to worry much.

And now that she thought it through, the situation was kind of funny. So even if a certain blueberry was searching for the answer through her, she decided to act clueless and ignore him in favor of watching the trembling crocodile.

"You can never!! No! You're my prey!!” Rak shouted in disagreement of the blackhead 'supposed' decision.

"You can't leave..!"

"I'll be Rachel's legs!!"

"You can't give up your legs--... What?"

While the only girl in the room was currently dying from too much restrained laughter, Baam explained his reason for saying so, with the rest of the once resigned teammates  eagerly listening in.

Once she did calm down tho, she fondly watched as her team regained the lost energy they had, from worrying about Baam.

Elisa was blessed at this very moment. She didn't dare ask for more.

Yet deep down, she knew that she wanted more than what she already has.