Bringing Down The Government

Disclaimer: I only own Ruby. Everything else belongs to BBC Doctor Who.

Suddenly, I was on the screen, crying my eyes out. "Listen this isn't a trick this is real! Find The Doctor and get him off this ship. I don't care how, just please. Please get The Doctor off this ship!"

The door opened and I looked up to see The Doctor and Mandy, who looked fine, and Amy, who looked like she too had been crying, but had a confused look on her face. The message began to repeat itself, and I pressed the record button, which stopped it and shut it off.

"Ruby," he said disapprovingly. "What have you done?"

I ignored him, and rocket launched myself at Amy, hugging her. Thank god she was okay.

"I didn't know if you'd gotten out," I explained. She pulled away.

"Of course I did. What happened to your hair?" She asked. I motioned to the hairpins scattered on the ground in the voting cubicle. She seemed to understand. "Okay let's fix you up." She helped me pick up the pins and I watched The Doctor investigate the voting cubicle top to bottom while Amy stood behind me, doing up my hair again.

"Why would I choose forget?" I asked.

"Because everyone does. Everyone chooses the forget button," Mandy. The Doctor crouched down in front of her.

"Did you?"

She looked at him like he was an idiot. Which, in context, I guess he is. "I'm not eligible to vote yet. Any time after you're sixteen, you're allowed to see the film, and... make your choice. Again once every five years." He entered the cubicle again and scanned the screens with his sonic screwdriver. He scanned the thing that looked like a light bulb above the chair.

"And once every five years everyone chooses the forget button. Democracy in action. This is a short term memory wipe. Must've erased the last twenty minutes of your memory."

"How do you not know about this?" Mandy asked. "Are you Scottish too?"

"I'm way worse then Scottish," The Doctor laughed. "And it isn't playing for me automatically."

"Why not, it played for me," Amy said.

"Because it doesn't recognize me as human."

"Why not?" Amy asked without taking her eyes off my hair that she was almost done with. He just looked at her. "You look human," she said slowly.

"No," he insisted. "You look Time Lord. We came first."

"So there are other Time Lords, yeah?" I asked. He looked up at me with that look that said I'd hit the wrong subject again. Well shoot me for asking, but I wanted to know. Amy finished my hair.

"No. There were, but they're all... just me now. Long story, there was a bad day. Bad stuff happened. And you know what, I'd love to forget about it, every last bit of it. But I don't. Not ever." He turned back to the buttons. "Because this is what I do. Every time, every day, every second. This. Hold tight. We're bringing down the government." He slammed his fist down on the protest button.

The door slammed shut, trapping us. The porcelain face in the booth returned around. On the other side was a terrifying face. It had red eyes, bared teeth, and angry eyebrows. I the ground began opening beneath us to reveal a glowing red tunnel.

"Say wheeeeeee!" The Doctor yelled. Amy and I screamed in terror and we went plummeting downward.

I came last out of the tube, hitting the squishy ground. It smelled terrible, and it was ankle high in thick fluid and squishy trash. Amy helped me up. The Doctor was looking around.

"High speed air cannon! Lousy way to travel!" He said.

You don't freaking say?!

"Where are we now, eh? Waste center? Recycling plant?"

"It's a rubbish dump!" Amy complained, rising a piece of the trash at him. He picked up a piece and smelled it.

"The ground's all squishy!" I said.

"It's all organic. Like its feeding something. But feeding what?"

"How do we get out of here!?" Amy demanded. I stomped on the soft ground.

"Seriously, is no one else noticing this? The floor feels like a tongue, for god's sake!" I said. The Doctor looked around.

"Um... it isn't a floor, it's... um..." He looked over at us, clearly worried.

"What? It's a what?" Amy asked.

"Um, the next work is kind of a scary one, so let's take a moment, get yourself in a calm place, go hum..."

"Hum..." Amy said doubtfully.

"It's a... tongue."

"A tongue," she said, looking completely disgusted. He nodded.

"Ruby was right! It's a great big tongue!"

If I could've chosen one time in my life to be wrong, it would be that moment.

"This is a mouth? This WHOLE PLACE IS A MOUTH? WE'RE IN A MOUTH?!" Amy yelled. He nodded excitedly. How he was excited to be in a cavernous mouth, I will never know. It isn't really something I'm keen to try to think about.

"Yes, yes, yes, but on the plus side, roomy! Blimey, if this is just the mouth, I'd love to see the stomach!" He said. A sickening roar shook the place. We all fell down. "Though not like that," he said. "This must be a feeding tube. Which means the natural entrance is..." He scanned around until we laid eyes on pointed, jagged, uneven teeth, clamped shut. "Closed for business."

"We can try though!" Amy said, starting toward the teeth. The place stated shaking.

"It doesn't like us here!" The Doctor yelled. "It's hitting the eject button!"

"Do mouths have eject buttons!?" Amy yelled.

"Think about it!"

We turned to see a wave of saliva flooding toward us. The Doctor, being him, straightened his bowtie.

"Right then! This isn't going to be big on dignity! Geronimo!!!"

A/N: I am on FIRE with the cliffys! Please remember to vote and comment! See ya then!