The Queen of Torture and Hell

Two and a half days later:

"You can't just let them die, they're my best friends! And frankly, yours too, but you're not gonna snap your own neck if you don't save them."

"I'm getting there, give me a second!" The Doctor typed furiously on the console, pulling levers, flipping switches, pushing buttons, typing on the scanner.

"One. Your time's up!" I snapped, stalking after him as he scrambled around the console.

"I had a girlfriend like you, once," he commented.

"You still do. Wait, is this your way of telling me that you're breaking up with me?" I demanded.

"Oh god, no, especially now that you found the kitchen knives. I'd really rather keep my head on my shoulders. Alright, locked onto the distress beacon." His fingers sprinted across the keyboard, typing out a quick message. "Now then, Miss Psycho," The Doctor said, hitting the finishing button and sending the words, "Come along, Pond," to the ship Amy and Rory were trapped on. "Shall we begin our Christmas carol?"

I grinned and he mirrored with an equally mischievous smirk.

Without any barriers anymore, The Doctor and I had become partners in crime. We pretty much knew that we were Olympic swimmers in a foot of water when it came to how shallow our love was. And sometimes I couldn't tell if we loved each other at all. I often still hated him, and in turn, he could rarely stand my dominating mannerisms. He just had an excuse to shut me up with his own mouth when I started talking. At first, that surprised me, because kissing someone out of the blue- actually, kissing some one at all- wasn't really him. Like, at all I wasn't sure exactly what we were. We just kind of... were.

I folded my arms. "Let's do this."

He chuckled and yanked a lever, sending us on a path through the time vortex even more shaky than before.

***

"We're seriously doing this? We're actually, properly doing this?"

"Yeah."

"You're insane."

"That's why you're still here. Would it make you feel better if you held my hand?"

I pulled off my jacket, and rolled my eyes. "Please. You might be insane, but I'm insaner. I'm down this one headfirst." I pulled off my belt, and relatched it around my waist and over my leather jacket, tightly so it wouldn't slip off.

"Actually, probably don't," he said. "You're not James bond."

"I know. I'm not 007. I'm 007 and a half." I winked at him and dove headfirst down the chimney. About to hit the ground, I shielded my head with my arms and curled into position. Upon meeting the ground, I propelled myself into a series of forward rolls, feeling a pulse of aching pain through my arms. Soon following me, The Doctor tumbled disgracefully out of the fireplace, and helped me up.

"I'm not sure why I'm even still surprised after you took down a two storey in high heels."

"Yeah."

"Let's go with 008."

"Stop flirting. Amy and Rory first, you and me later," I ordered. He nodded quickly.

"Right. Right!" He turned to see all the people surrounding us. "Ah, yes. Blimey. Sorry. Christmas Eve on a rooftop. Saw a chimney, my whole brain just went, 'what the hell?!'"

"Don't worry, fat fellow will be doing the rounds later. I'm just scoping out the general chimney-ness. Yes. Nice size, good traction. Big tick." Finding me still standing by the fireplace still, he leaned his hand on the hearth. I raised my eyebrows at him, and listened to the sizzling of flesh on the hot stone until he yanked off of it.