Maze Of The Dead

We soon found ourselves climbing down a rope ladder. I hate these things. I made it though. I turned on my flashlight and looked around the cave we were in.

After a little bit of talking, The Doctor said, "Do we have a gravity globe?"

"Grav globe!" Octavian called. A cleric pulled a milky white sphere thing out and handed it to The Doctor

"So, what's the Maze Of The Dead?" Amy asked.

"Well, if you happen to me a creature of living stone," The Doctor said, kicking the globe straight up into the air. It lit up in the air, revealing a huge maze above us of statutes. "The perfect hiding place."

"Well, I suppose this makes things a bit trickier," Octavian said. The Doctor scoffed.

"A bit, yeah," he laughed.

"Needle in a haystack," River said.

"A needle that looks like hay, a hay-like needle, of death, a hay-like of death in a pile of, uh, statutes. No, yours is good."

Wow. That took a while to explain. River rolled her eyes. I love her.

"A stone angel I'm a maze of statutes. A bit harder than I prayed for," Octavian said.

Now, skipping over a load of stuff that I really wasn't paying attention to, River was next to me with a shot like thing.

"Give me your arm," she ordered. I held out my arm slowly. "There we are. Now. This, won't hurt a bit." She injected it into my arm and I gasped in pain.

"Ow!"

"There, you see? I lied," she said, putting a hand under my elbow. "It's a virus stabilizer. Stabilizes your metabolism against radiation, dry burn, anything. You're going to need it when we get up to the ship.

"So, what's he like? The Doctor in the future," Amy said, appearing beside her. River brushed her back of her hand across the skin she'd injected a needle in and took Amy's arm without warning, pulling out a new shot and sticking in my friend's arm. Amy yelped and I gave her a sympathetic look.

"The Doctor? Well, The Doctor is... The Doctor," she said. Amy nodded slowly.

"Ah, well, that's... very helpful... mind if I, uh, write that down?"

"Yes we are," River said loudly, looking at The Doctor, who was intent on scanning a statue.

"Sorry, what?" He said without averting his eyes from the thing, sounding incredibly bored.

"Talking about you," River said as if it was obvious.

"I wasn't listening," he insisted.

"Ah," she teased. "The other way out." We continued to stare at him until he looked up slightly at us, possibly questioning out sanity. River gave Amy and I an 'I told you so' look. Well he'd gotten himself in the rather unfortunate situation, alone in a cave room with three women, all of which liked to control things.

"You're so his wife!" Amy whispered with a smile so convincing I thought it might be pressed in concrete.

"Oh Amy, Amy, Amy, this is The Doctor we're talking about. Do you really think it would be anything that simple?" She asked. Amy smirked.

"Yep."

River looked at her and took in a breath. "You're good. I'm not saying you're right. But you are, very, good."

We heard a rifle fire and we all ran towards the sound. What we found was a boy about my age looking quite terrified. Even though he was in the uniform, his features were soft, and he had large, fear stricken, calf brown eyes. Poor thing.

"Sorry, sorry," he apologized. "I- I thought it looked at me."

Father Octavian walked up to him. "We know what the angel looks like, is that the angel?"

"No, sir," the boy said.

"'no sir', it isn't. According to The Doctor, we are facing a creature of unknowable power and infinite evil, so it would be good, it would be very good, if we could all remain calm in the presence of decor."

"What's your name?" The Doctor asked curiously.

"Bob, sir."

"Oh that's a great name, I love Bob," The Doctor said.

"It's a sacred name. We all have sacred names," Octavian informed him. "They're given to us in service to the church."

"Sacred Bob," The Doctor corrected himself, walking up to them. "More like scared Bob, now, aye?"

"Yes, sir," Bob said with a look of guilt.

"Ah, good. Scared keeps you fast. Anyone in this room who isn't scared, is a moron. Carry on." I swear he looked at me right there. It wasn't hard to miss. He focused his eyes on mine to make sure I got the message. He thought I was a moron. A fearless one, but still. He thought I was insane.

He'd never been more correct.

Hey hey hey!! I have nothing to report. Like, at all. Wow. My life is boring. Anyways! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

10 votes for the next chapter!

Read on, Awkward Ferrets!!

~TheLivingParadox