Miss Psycho

"Ah, it's colder!" Amy said as we all sat up in a little group. I scooted off the bench onto the floor, drowning in shivers. I moved over to cuddle into Amy's side and steal her warmth, and she put an arm around my shoulders, cuddling up to me. When she did, I felt The Doctor's gaze rest on me for a brief moment, as if calculating something.

"The four of us, have to agree now which is the dream!" The Doctor said, pulling hid jacket even tighter around himself.

"It's this, here," Rory said.

"He could be right. I mean, the science is all wrong here. Burning ice?" I asked skeptically from where I was conformed to Amy's side.

"No, no, no. Ice can burn. Sofas can read, it's a big universe. We have to agree which battle to lose. All of us, now!" The Doctor replied.

"Okay, which world also you think is real?" Amy asked him.

"This one," he said, but I could hear the hesitation in his voice.

"No, the other one!" Rory argued.

"Yes, but are we disagreeing, or competing?" The Doctor asked.

"Competing? Over what?" Amy demanded. They both looked at her. "Oh," she mumbled, exasperated with their bickering. She grabbed my arm and stood up. We walked over to where she'd earlier put the blankets on the console.

It kind of stung that they were competing over Amy like I didn't even matter. I was different in both realities, and they'd each see more or less of me in each, but they didn't seem to care about that. I guess I couldn't blame them. I was a bossy prick in both worlds. It still hurt a bit to know I didn't matter to them as much as Amy. Especially to Rory. But he was in love with Amy. I couldn't expect to still be as important to him as she was. I don't know what I expected from The Doctor.

My solution to pain? Violence. I was too cold to hurt The Doctor right now though.

"Ruby," said Amy, surprising me. "Which does she think is real?"

I bit my lip. The cold felt like it was hacking at my bones from the inside out with sandpaper. "You really shouldn't base this on me. I want whichever one I'm in at the time."

Asked Rory, "Why?"

I glanced at The Doctor, and then immediately at my feet. He couldn't look at me either. Rory got the message.

"Nine minutes until impact," The Doctor announced as he and Rory got up. Oh joy.

"What temperature is it?" Amy asked.

"Outside? Brrr. How many noughts have you got? Inside? I don't know but I can't feel my feet and... other parts."

I visibly grimaced in disgust. He just had to add that, didn't he?

"I think all my parts are basically fine," Rory said. I cringed again. I saw what The Doctor meant by "competing".

"Ew! Stop competing," I complained. Amy handed me a pair of scissors and motioned for me to help her cut a slit in each of the blankets.

"Can't we- call for help?" Rory picked up the Tardis phone, ignoring my request completely.

"Yeah!" The Doctor said sarcastically, snatching the phone. "Because the universe is really quite small, and there's bound to be someone near by," he bopped Rory on the head with it and put it back.

"Right," I said slowly. "Well, put these on. Both of you," I added, knowing there was a slim chance I could get The Doctor to wear the poncho Amy made for him.

Amy put Rory's on him. "Oh, a poncho! The biggest crime against fashion since lederhosen."

I shoved The Doctor's poncho into his arms with a commanding look. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. He gave up and put it on. I wished I had a camera. He looked indescribably hilarious.