You're Alive

"Okay, what do we do? How do we help you?" Rory asked, level headed as always.

"Take this." He pushed his sonic screwdriver to Amy. "The Tardis can home in on it. Now, go. Get after her."

Rory looked out of the window onto the street, and Amy followed him.

He opened the Tardis door, and I slipped in front of him, slamming it to keep us both out.

"No. You're not going in there, the smoke is deadly," I said, blocking him from opening it again.

"No, no, the smoke's fine. The poison will kill me first," he gasped, pulling me away from the door. "Now, get after River!"

Fine. If he wanted to kill himself, fine.

"But, I don't understand! One minute she's going to marry you, and then she's killing you."

"Ah, well, she's been brainwashed. It all makes sense to her. She's your daughter, Ruby, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Plus, she is a woman. Oh, shut up, I'm dying."

He stumbled inside the Tardis doors and slammed them.

Fine. I climbed out the window and scaled the side of the building to the ground where Rory and Amy were facing a German guard.

"Where's River?" I asked.

"Regeneration energy. She left," was all Amy could get out.

"Look, I know how this looks. Let me explain everything from the beginning," said Rory. The soldier began to extract his gun. Rory gave up. "Heil!" He shouted, holding up his left hand.

"Heil!" Replied the other soldier, doing the same. Rory threw a right hook, and the soldier collapsed. Have I mentioned that Rory is my superhero?

"Come on!" Rory jumped on the soldier's motorbike, and Amy behind him.

I pulled a motorbike from the circle of the many dead soldiers laying on the ground around where River had been.

"Can either of you ride motorbikes?" Amy demanded.

"I expect so," said Rory. "It's that sort of day."

I'll second that.

"Okay, all of Berlin. How do we find her?" Rory asked, pulling up beside me.

"I don't know. Look for clues," said Amy.

"Clues? What kind of clues?" He replied, imitating her accent.

"Shut up."

I giggled. They were so cute together. Suddenly, to our left, a flood of people burst from the doors of a fancy restaurant, all of them screaming and dressed only in their underwear.

"Okay," Rory said slowly. "Ruby?" He looked back at me. "Any ideas?"

I pursed my lips and shook my head. To our right, another motorbike pulled up beside us. The passenger looked a bit familiar. And by a bit familiar, I mean it was an exact replica of Amy, down to the clothes and bouncy orange hair.

I was about to gun the engine and shout at them to do the same, since nothing that takes to your best friend's exact form is going to be very nice. But before I could, a beam of white light caught me, pulling me in towards Amy number two fast and hard.

Next thing I knew, I was laying on cold metal grating. I struggled to my feet beside Rory, and helped Amy up. Rory put a hand on my shoulder to steady me when I wavered.

"Okay. Okay, I am trapped inside a giant robot replica of my wife. I'm really trying not to see this as a metaphor," he gasped, still recovering from getting the wind knocked out of him. I elbowed him in the ribs playfully.