Not Even Safe-ish

Dedicated to Awkward_Ferrets for showing up right when I started calling you all Awkward Ferrets. I think I laughed for ten minutes straight when I figured it out. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Drama queens, I thought.

"What was that?" Amy asked.

"I wanted to know what they were doing. What their plan was. I was their plan," he said. He ran off.

"Hey!" Amy called after him. We followed him quickly. We were soon back with the Tardis, The Doctor panicking over his testimony or something. I couldn't quite keep up, really. "Stop beating yourself up, you were right!" Amy said. He turned and she pretended it never happened. Typical of her. "So, what do we do, is this what we do now, chase after them?"

"This is what I do, yeah, but it's dangerous, so you two stay here."

What so you mean we've got to stay safe down here, in the middle of the London blitz?" She said. She was right. We weren't safe down here. Awe weren't even safe-ish.

"Safe as it gets around me," he said. He waved and took off in his little blue box. I felt my fury for him rise up again. As Amy and Winston talked about the phrase KBO. I marched back to the war room and paced in angst. Amy and the prime minister came in soon and Amy sat down as the woman named Bree said something about the thing in the sky no one could get a proper fix on because it was too far away. Why couldn't anyone around here talk normally except Edwin?

"What do you think miss Pond? The Doctor's in trouble, and now we know where he is!"

"Yep," she said, grinning. "Because he'll be on that ship, won't he? Right in the middle of everything!"

"Exactly."

I leaned back in my chair, thinking hard. Suddenly a man piped up. "The generators won't switch off! Prime minister?"

"Get those lights out before the Germans get here!" He turned to Amy. "The Germans can see every inch of the city. We're sitting ducks!"

I smirked a little bit. I like that phrase. Sitting ducks. I'll have to remember that one.

"Thousands will die if we don't get those lights out!" Winston said.

"German bomb sighted over the channel sir. Due here in ten minutes sir," Bree said from across the table.

"Here they come," Winston said. He said something to someone too fast, and I got lost at the first word.

"We can't just sit here! We've got to take the fight to the Daleks!" Amy said.

"How? None of our weapons are a match for theirs!"

"Oh god, we must have something!" Amy said. I shot to my feet.

"Oh," I said. They both looked at me. "It's staring us in the face! A gift. From the Daleks."

We got to the room we'd last been in with Edwin to find him sitting down and cocking a gun.

"Bracewell," Winston said. "Put the gun down."

"My life is a lie," he said. "And I choose to end it." I rolled my eyes. He was obviously Dalek tech with that amount of drama. Good grief. I wanted to tell him off about snapping out of it, but thanks to my know of what sudden depression was like, I  handled it better.

"In your own time paisley boy, because right now we need your help," Amy said.

"But those creatures. My Ironsides. They made me? I can remember things. So many things. The last war. The squander in the mud and the awful, awful misery of it all. What am I? What am I?!"

"What you are sir, is either on our side, or theirs. Now I don't give a damn if you're a machine, Bracewell. Are you a man?"

Well put, Winston.

"Listen to me," I said softly, leaning down to look him in the eye. "I understand. Really. I do." I carefully pulled the gun from his hand. I did understand. I'd tried to kill myself before. Rory always was the one to stop me. Just another secret only he knew.

"Okay," Amy said calmly, starting the whole conversation over. "There is a spaceship up there lighting up London like a Christmas tree and you are the only one who can help us."

"I am?"

"You're Dalek technology, so start thinking! What were you saying about the hypersonic flight thingy, or the gravity whatsits?"

Congratulations Amy you get an "A+" for paying attention. But then again, I don't really pay attention either, so who am I to judge?

"Could we send up a rocket, or missiles?" She continued.

"This isn't a firework party, miss Pond, we need proper, tactical- oh. A missile. Or..." the prime minister though out loud.

"Or what?"

"We could send something up there you say?" He said to Edwin.

"Well yes, using a gravity bubble, it theoretically is possible to send something up into outer space."

"Bracewell," Winston said. "It's time to think big!"

Can I just say how amazed I am that I'm getting so many readers? I didn't think this story was really a big deal but my beautiful readers seem to think otherwise. Thank you so much! I love you all through all time and space. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Six votes for the next chapter!

Read on, Awkward Ferrets!

~TheLivingParadox