Now It Begins.

"What does that mean, 'it's a statue when you see it'?" Amy asked. River turned around.

"A Weeping Angel can only move if it's unseen. If it's seen by anything, it turns to stone."

"The ultimate defense," The Doctor said. He'd become increasingly close to the screen, so I moved away from said screen.

"What, being a stone?" Amy said disbelievingly.

"Being a stone... until you turn your back," he answered. He looked up at us and gave us a tight smile. Like that helped. Ugh, why did he have to be so dramatic, and then try to calm our nerves?

"Dr. Song! With me!" Father Octavian said as we left.

"Do you have a moment? Sweetie! I need you!" She called.

"Ruby, with me," The Doctor said in my ear.

"No," I stated blankly. He turned to me with a warning stare that I gladly returned.

"Ruby I'm not taking you away from civilization. Just around the corner with River."

"Hm, no," I said again, my eyebrows raised. He pressed his hand onto my back to guide me to where he wanted to take me. Aaaand, here come the tingles again. I turned and shoved him away from me hard. He stumbled and faced me a death glare.

"Ruby."

"Doctor."

"Ruby!" River called. "Come here! I need your reading skills!"

How'd she know how fast I read? Oh, that's right. She's from the future. I brought my face close and personal, glaring at him in hatred. He didn't move away, returning the look. Right before I turned away and stalked off to join River, I let a little smirk appear on my lips, showing that I thought his anger silly, something rather childish. He opened his mouth to say something, but I was already rounding the corner to see River. She smiled at me.

"So. You and The Doctor. Is this where it began for you?"

"Where what began?" I asked. I found it rather easy to talk to River. I still didn't like talking but... She drew it out of me.

"You and him. When- oh, you don't- I asked you this last time. Okay, makes sense."

"You remind me of me," I said. She looked up at me, looking rather surprised.

"I what?"

"You and I, we both hate him," I said. She took a deep breath and set down the book.

"Ruby, there's one thing very different about us at the moment. No matter how much I hate him sometimes, at the core, I love him. But please don't tell him I said that. The point is, you, right now you hate him to the bone."

"Wait. What do you mean 'right now'?" I asked. She acted like she didn't hear me as The Doctor appeared by us.

"There's one book about them. Written by a madman." She handed the book to him. "Ruby," she said, handing me another book. "Read. Let me know when you find something worthy of note."

"How do I know if it's 'worthy of note'?"

"Oh trust me. You'll know," she said.

I gladly got to reading. It wasn't anything interesting. An old story about statues that moved. How coincidental. I ignored The Doctor and River talking about his book, absorbed on the story.

"Doctor!" I heard Amy call, and my head snapped up. The Doctor was too absorbed in his book. I took off running without thinking to get The Doctor and River, who didn't even notice me leave. I leaned up against the sealed airlock door, hearing Amy yelling for The Doctor from inside. "Can anyone hear me?" She uttered, sounding scared to death.

"Amy!" I said. "It's okay I'm here!"

"Ruby?" She said, sounding relieved. "It's here! The angel is here!"

"Doctor!" I shouted. "Get over here!" He rounded the corner.

"Amy!"

"Doctor?"

"Yes, it's me, The Doctor!"

A few stressful moments later:

Okay. That went in a blur. It was panicky, but we finally got in, just in time to see the angel disappear.

"I did it!" Amy said. I grabbed her shoulder, relieved she was safe. "There was this sort of- blip in the tape and I froze it on the blip! It wasn't the image of an angel anymore! That was good, yeah? That was pretty good."

"Someone, hug Amy," The Doctor ordered.

"Why?" She said.

"Because I'm busy," he said, messing around with her screen.

"I'm fine!" She said.

"You're amazing," River assured her.

"Thanks!" She said. "Yeah, I kind of creamed it, didn't I?" She looked pointedly looked at The Doctor, who looked at her over his shoulder warmly while he soniced the controls. I threw my arms around her neck in relief. She stumbled a little, but hugged me back for a moment. "Oh, ah okay," she said in a surprised tone as she hugged me.

There was a loud explosion outside and I pulled back from the hug to look around.

"Doctor Song! We're through!" Someone yelled from outside.

"Alright." The Doctor grinned at me. "Now it begins."

I followed The Doctor and River outside. When I realized Amy wasn't here, I stepped several long paces backwards into the trailer. "You coming?" I asked. She smiled and nodded at me.

"Yeah! Yeah. There's just... something in my eye."

Well, that was natural. I waited at the door for her until she appeared next to me looking disturbed. I didn't blame her after that while being trapped with a Weeping Angel thing. We smiled at each other and headed after The Doctor and River, unaware of what we were getting into.

Ah, don't you love cliffhangers? Still nothing to report. Oh, I'm planning an arrangement with my best friend so we can meet each other someday. Someday being four years from now, but hey, it's never too early to start planning. Actually that's a life lesson right there. That's gold. You guys should take notes on these author notes. Nah, just kidding.

Anyways, there it is. Hope you liked this chapter, and... see you soon!

9 votes for the next chapter!

Read On, Awkward Ferrets!!

~TheLivingParadox