River Song

"Wrong. Wrong. But right, mostly wrong. I love museums," The Doctor said as he wandered through the exhibits.

"Yeah. Great. Can we go to a planet now? Big old spaceship, Churchill's bunker, you promised me a planet next!" Amy complained, tagging along behind him.

"Amy this isn't any old museum this isn't any old asteroid, it's the delirium archive, the final resting place of the headless monks. The biggest museum ever."

Which only means we have to be here longer in my book, but hey.

"You've got a time machine. What do you need museums for?" she asked.

"WRONG! VERY WRONG! Ooh one of mine. Also one of mine." He scampered along in excitement. I was sitting on one of the glass cases boredly.

"Oh I see," Amy chuckled. "It's how you keep score." He suddenly stopped, leaning over one of the exhibits. "Oh great, an old box," Amy said, catching up to him.

"It's one of the old starliners. A home box."

She stared at him like she couldn't care less. "What's a home box?" She said, resting her chin in her hand. I hopped down from the glass case and walked over, looking at the brown, rusty box with weird markings on it.

"It's like a black box, except it homes. If anything happens to the ship, the home box flies home with all the flight data."

"So?" She said, looking and sounding like she was about to die from boredom.

"The writing on it. The graffiti. Old time Gallifreyan. The lost language of the Time Lords. There were days, there were many days, there were many days, when these words could burn stars, and raise up empires, and topple gods."

"What does it say?" She demanded, obviously tired of his games.

"Hello Sweetie," he answered. "Now. Take a step back, both of you."

"Why?" Amy asked.

"And get ready to run," he said, bringing back his fist. He landed it on the glass case, that didn't even crack. "Ouch!" He said, shaking his hand in pain. I rolled my eyes and took off my heels. Using one, I smashed the case. The alarms went off. I glanced over to the security guards, who were already coming at us.

The Doctor reached in and brushed off pieces of glass from the home box before grabbing it and looking up at us.

"Run!" He said. We took off to the Tardis, barreling in mad locking the door behind us. I breathed out in a rush. That had been close. I ran to the console where The Doctor was wiring up the home box to the Tardis.

"Okay so what are we doing now?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah, that, and why did we just steal a home-whatsitcalled?" Amy said. He looked at us both briefly.

"Were neither of you paying attention?"

"No," Amy said matter-of-factly, shaking her head. He gave her a look.

"Someone on a spaceship twelve thousand years ago is trying to attract my attention. Let's see if we can get the security playback working." He twisted a wire and the scanner came to life with a black and white video of a woman who had tightly curled blonde hair cut short, a navy dress that I counted as a bit daring, blood red heels, and stylish sunglasses. Her nails (that coincidentally matched her heels) held a small gun in one hand, and a handbag in the other.

(A/N: I know the screen was black and white so they shouldn't be able to tell this, but just roll with it.)

She put her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose elegantly and winked at whatever had been filming at the time. He turned the wire and we saw her again in a different room, facing what I could only assume was an airlock door.

"The party's over Dr. Song," a man said. "Yet still you're on board."

"Oh! Sorry, Allister. I needed to see what was in your vault. Do you all know what's down there? Any of you? Because I'll tell you something. This ship won't reach it's destination."

"Wait till she runs. Don't make it look like an execution," the man said to his security guards. She took a deep breath and looked at her watch.

"Triple seven five, slash three four nine by ten, zero twelve, slash acorn. Oh, and I could do with an air corridor."

The Doctor took off around the console.

"What's that, what did she say?" Amy asked. He started typing on a keyboard.

"Coordinates!" He said, pulling a lever. I didn't bother watching the rest. I instead sat down as we hit our destination. Well, more like floated to our destination as I was soon to find out. When he opened the doors, I saw we were in space. In the distance, there was a spaceship, and the woman on the scanner was flying towards us. He held out his hand and she fell on top of him, knocking him to the ground.

"Doctor?" Amy demanded.

"River?" The Doctor said in shock. River stood up and turned to the doors, looking at the ship that was now flying away.

"Follow that ship!" She said. So that's how I met River Song.

I'M ON A CROSS COUNTRY CAMPING TRIP!! YAY!!
not.

Anyways, I'm in Arizona right now! Anyone been to Sedona, Arizona? That's where I am until tomorrow. I haven't posted in a while due to lack of WiFi and time. I'll hopefully be back on track by next Monday.

Who's excited for River's appearance in Ruby? I definitely am!

8 votes for the next chapter!

Read on on Awkward Ferrets!!

~TheLivingParadox