Please. Just Stay.

"That's very bad indeed. Completely unhelpful."

I whirled around at that voice, to see The Doctor, Rory, and Brian on the monitor screen.

"Doesn't the ship have any defence systems installed?" Rory asked.

"Good thinking, Rory!" The Doctor grabbed my friend and kissed him full on the mouth. I flinched, but didn't show it.

"Computer, show us weapons and defence systems."

Zero. Nada. Nothing.

"Oh, well, that was a waste of time, wasn't it? Getting my hopes up like that!" He repeatedly slapped Rory lightly on the face.

"What ship doesn't have weapons?" Rory asked.

"Ah, they're ancient species, Rory. Still full of hope."

"What about the control deck? You said we should go to the control deck next," Brian said.

"It's too late. It won't make any difference."

"We could at least try."

"It won't work, Rory. The missiles are locked on."

"So what, we're just giving up?"

"I don't know. I don't know."

Dang it, the one time I'm not there, and the Bowtie gives up.

In a flash, we saw an old man and two giant robots teleport in to where The Doctor and Rory and Brian stood, arguing

"You were telling the truth, Doctor. Earth has launched missiles. This vessel is too clumsy to outrun them, but I have my own ship."

Okay, he's evil. I could tell from his voice.

"You won't get your precious cargo on board, though. Just be you and your metal tantrum machines."

"We do not have tantrums!" Cried one machine.

"Shut up," he told the robot. "You're right, Doctor. I can't keep the dinosaurs and live myself. But I had the IV system scan the entire ship, and it found something even more valuable. Utterly unique. I don't know where you found it, or how you got it here, but I want it."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Earth Queen Nefertiti of Egypt."

"Hell no," I decided.

"A face stamped across history. Give her to me, and I'll let the rest of you live."

"No," The Doctor said coldly, as if he'd heard me.

"You think I won't punish those who get in my way, whatever they're worth?"

So we had to watch a harmless, probably very sweet Triceratops get shot down.

"Take me there," Neffy said quietly.

"No," I told her.

"Do it!"

"I am leading this group, and I am saying no!" I pulled myself up.

"Overruled!" She cried. I tipped my head to the side, surprised.

"I will not watch you all die. Take me there, right now."

I looked at her for a long moment, and then turned to the monitor. "Computer," I said quietly. "Take us..." I swallowed. Where were they? "Display life signs for Time Lords." Two signals on screen, one of them flickering. "Take us to that one," I said, tapping the one that didn't flicker.