Chapter 28

Somewhere far away

...

???'s POV

"What do you think about our new hideout?"

"Meh, it gets the job done. It's way worse than the village, however."

"That's true...I remember that we just had to stand guard, and nothing more. Now we actually have to search for supplies and other stuff."

"It's unfortunate that we lost the battle."

"Don't think about it too much...It was unfair from the start."

"Why do you think that? Didn't the chief spent weeks planning that battle?"

"Yea, he did. But never did he expect somemon would be a turncoat. That, and we also didn't expect any change of plans."

"If only those four pokemons didn't get in our way, we would have succeeded."

"Actually, only Three of them could defend themselves...but still."

It stayed silent between the two pokemon for some time.

...

Eventually, the two began to talk again.

"Wait a second. Didn't our chief send out search parties?"

"Hmm? Oh yea, that's right. The chief indeed has send out search parties, for multiple reasons. One was to recruit new pokemon into our group. Another reason, was to get to know the area. And the final reason, was to hunt down those four troublemakers."

"Wow, looks like the chief hasn't moved on from what happened, has he?"

"Of course not. He still wants revenge for what happened."

"To be honest...I also want revenge..."

"How big is the chance we'll see them again? I mean, it would have been possible, if they didn't destroy that bridge."

"Even if they didn't. That bridge is too close to the old village. So we can't access it either way."

"Oh...That's right. We also fled via another bridge, after we lost the battle. It's what the old chief demanded..."

"Forget about that. We moved on."

The two pokemon then heard another pokemon behind them.

"You two. Back to the caves. The chief has an announcement for us all."

The two pokemon nodded, and followed the third mon back to the caves.

...

Once we make it to the cave, we noticed that almost everymon of our group was here, including new recruits.

"Wow, we're increasing in numbers."

"Tss, way to state the obvious."

"Probably the only one's not here, are the search parties."

We then noticed our chief.

Our chief began to talk.

"Greetings, fellow water types. We've come here tonight, for a special announcement. Our group is growing stronger, with each day we're here. More pokemon continue to join us. Our training schedule is working well. We're doing quite well, after our defeat...However, as we all know, our searching parties are searching high and low for our enemy. We've found a way to communicate with them." The chief announced.