Chapter 37

Not the next day yet

Discharge's POV

After Anshul left me to train, I was feeling very good about myself.

My new electric type move felt powerful, and had a kick behind it none of my other moves had.

I still had trouble aiming and hitting all my moves, but it was much better, now that I knew Swift.

Even with my poor accuracy, I was hitting every single projectile of the move Swift.

After training with my new two moves for a while, I felt ready to challenge a pokemon and battle with them.

It couldn't be an Electric type however, since I wanted to see how good my Electro ball move was.

There were more types in the village, beside electric types, but it was starting to get dark.

"Annoying winter...The days are so short now." I stated to myself.

The cold was also annoying, cause it forced me to stay near the various amount of campfires that were around the place.

Since it was getting dark, the night guards were now coming out to watch the village overnight, while the day guards were now going to sleep.

As every guard went to the guard quarters, they all walked past me.

I was looking for a mon that would be a good opponent.

"Why are you still up?" One of the day guards asked.

"I want to battle someone. I've learned two new attacks, and I'm feeling good." I said, and smiled.

"Oh? Well don't stay up for too long, ok?" The guard said.

"I won't. Thank you." I said, and focused on the guards again.

As I continued to look for a fitting battle companion, I noticed one mon that wasn't an electric type.

It was a Scyther, which looked pretty strong.

"Hey sir, could we have a battle together?" I asked the Scyther.

"Hmm? Oh sure. Let's get to the training field, alright." The Scyther said, and used his wings to levitate above the ground, and head towards the smaller field besides the guards quarters.

I followed after the Scyther, until we reached the training fields.

The Scyther then stood opposite of me.

"Alright, what do you want help with?" The Scyther asked.

"I want you to start a battle with me. And I want you to not hold back at all." I said.

The Scyther hesitated, when I said that.

"Uhh, are you sure? If I go all out, I don't think you'll have a great time." The Scyther said.

"I'm sure. I have a type advantage, so give me everything you've got!" I said, as my spikes began to charge up and spark with electricity.

"Hmm, fine then. I hope you know what you're doing." The Scyther said, and got ready to battle.

Once we were both ready, I attacked first, and shot an electro ball at the Scyther.

I managed to hit the attack, and it did some damage to the Scyther.

It also stunned him in place for a bit, which was because of it being a super effective hit.

He recovered soon after, and focused on his offensive power.