Chapter 32

One day later

Anshul's POV

I awoke after a long rest.

A yawn came from me, as I rolled onto my back, and looked at the roof of the cave we were in.

Since we didn't have to leave the cave yesterday, we ended up doing nothing all day.

We rested, and talked about the weather, since it was changing.

Winter has arrived.

The temperature has dropped, and the nights have gotten very cold.

Because of this, we had to make sure, that we don't waste our food supply

Luckily, we had collected a lot of apples the other day, so we were kind of ready for winter.

There was one problem however.

The water types are on our position.

One of us spotted them, when we looked outside.

It's nearing the time to go to a new cave.

Though, the winter might make this difficult.

With the weather changing, and the climate dropping, we might have to keep ourselves warm, when traveling around.

If it began to snow, we'd have to watch out for our paws.

Some of us would have less trouble with the cold than others.

But it was still important, that no one would end up getting frostbite, for padding through the snow for too long.

Most berries would stop growing as well.

Though, other berries would start to grow more, because of the cold weather.

Some great berries that grew especially well in the winter, were Razz berries.

These berries grow better in cold climates, than warmer ones.

They were spicy berries, that could actually warm you up, if you ate them.

These were great for pokemon, that needed a source of warmth in the winter.

When we leave the cave, I will look around for these berries, because my friends could use these berries to traverse through the cold weather.

As I was thinking to myself, I turned to look at Mira, who was snuggled up to me, with her head on my mane.

Soft purrs came from her, as she was comfy.

Her sickness has passed mostly.

She still felt a bit weak, because of her sickness, But it has mostly cleared up.

Those herbs really helped her recover, which was great.

I softly rubbed her head, which made her purr a bit louder.

"...Morning Anshul..." Blake then greeted me, as he woke up as well.

My eye widened, and I looked up to see Blake on his leaf bed, sitting up.

"G-Good morning Blake. How was your night?" I asked.

"...Pretty decent actually...Which is surprising, since I slept well yesterday..." Blake said.

"Ah great. We have to be well rested, for the next time we move." I said.

"...Indeed...I think it'll also be important, for our energy to be as high as possible...Since I think we're not getting out without running into those water types..." Blake said.