Chapter 31

Anshul's POV

After a long refreshing rest, I began to wake up from my long nights sleep.

Everymon was still sleeping, which showed how tired everymon was.

Even Blake was asleep.

It was clear, that a day of rest would do us good.

While no water types knew where we were, I began to let my mind wander.

Meanwhile, I noticed that Mira's bowl that was filled with berries before I fell asleep, was fully empty.

She must have woken up in the night, and eaten her berries.

I smiled, as she was still cuddled around me.

My mind wandered again.

"Hmm, I wonder how Chase is doing?" I questioned in my mind.

After some time of thinking about some stuff, I fell back asleep on Mira's soft floof.

...

Back with Chase's family

Third POV

Shade the Absol was writing something into his journal about the recent events that happened.

Once he finished writing, he turned back a few pages, and began to read them.

"About Chase, he came back to us with assistance from a group of kind Eeveelutions. This surprised me, as seeing a whole group of Eeveelutions now a days, is very unlikely. All of them were different eeveelutions as well, no duplicates or nothing. I'm glad there are still good pokemon out there. Anyway, Chase suffered a very nasty amputation by some cruel dark types. The Flareon of the eeveelution group, Anshul, told me that he can make a recovery, and will have to learn to pad on three legs. I honestly had a hard time to believe him, but I guess it's worth a shot. We're glad Chase is back here, alive." Shade read one page in his mind, as he already wrote it.

He then began to read the next page.

"Day one after Chase's return. He's not doing well physically. He can barely stand on three legs, It's very difficult to learn a mon to pad on three legs, when it's been padding on four for its entire life. Luckily, Flurry has been able to calm him down, and support him. I'm so glad that Flurry and Reina are here to support Chase. They even promised to go with Chase, once he has learned to pad on three legs. It seems we have to be very patient with this. As long as Chase becomes happy again, we'll all be happy."

"Seems as Chase is willing to try and learn to pad on three legs. He just needs to recover for some time, then he'll have enough strength to try." Shade read it in his mind again.

He flipped the page.

"Day two after Chase's return. Both Flurry and Reina are going to help Chase today. He's gained enough strength to want to try and learn to pad on three legs. I hope it goes well."

"His first attempts were pretty rough. Flurry and Reina first learned Chase to stand on three legs, and sit down with three legs. So far, he's made slow but steady progress."

"Today they've trained hard with Chase. We don't want to push him too hard. He's learned to sit and stand on three legs. So far, it seems its looking good. Chase said he was determined to show his success, and wanted to eventually meet the Eeveelution group again. Perhaps he wanted to prove to them, that it was possible? Maybe he wanted to thank them, for giving him his life back, if he'd succeed? Or perhaps he really likes them, after what they did for him. Whatever it may be, I have faith that Chase will make a full recovery."