Chapter 36

???'s POV

"It seems like they went into a village with Electric types..."

"We're waiting for a message, maybe he'll call us back because of that."

That damn assassin has dragged us so far into this, that we're barely able to fight now.

His ambushes don't work, and we're constantly trying to survive with very little food.

Luckily, we managed to find some Razz berries to both keep us warm, and eat.

Soon enough, a Wingul arrived with a note.

After grabbing and reading the note, The mon who read it, turned to us.

"Guys...The chief wants us to retreat. He doesn't want us to continue this mission anymore. He wants us to come back to him, and just forget about those eeveelutions."

"Honestly, at this point, I'm willing to forgive and forget. They may have ruined our chances with that grass type village, but I guess we did deserve it back then."

"We've improved since then...Let's just show that we're better than that blasted Assassin."

"Sounds good to me. That Assassin has serious problems. Lets go."

"Shouldn't we announce this news to him?"

"Meh, if we have to."

...

We went into the cave where the Assassin was.

"Listen. Our chief has told us to retreat. We're leaving you to it."

"Didn't we have a deal?"

"The deal is off on our end. You're free to continue hunting them. But I'd save your energy, and just forget it. You already got half for free."

"No...I won't stop, until they're dead at my feet..."

"Good luck with that then."

"This means I can kill them all, right? Now that your part of the mission is no longer necessary?"

"No, if you kill the females, you'll be in trouble. They were supposed to be taken to jail, but that's not really possible with their boyfriends protecting them."

"So it won't be a problem if I just kill them anyway."

"You won't get your money, if you kill them!"

"Tsk...Fine then...Leave you cowards...Leave me to it..."

We shook our heads, as He was still damaged from the last battle.

We then went ahead and went back to our chief. It was going to be a very long trip, since we were very far away from the cave we stayed at, after losing the grass village battle.

Even though we failed our mission, it felt like we were finally released from a horrible feeling we all had.

Now that that feeling was gone, we were finally able to accept our defeat, and move on from it.

...

The next morning

Ray's POV

Word spread around fast, about the new eeveelutions that joined the village.

Even if it was just the morning, of the next day, words still spreader fast among the commanders guards.

Despite that, This morning was quite peaceful, which allowed me to focus on some side things.