Chapter 29

???'s POV

"Come on! Hurry back to cover!" Other water types called out, as we were retreating.

"What about our targets!?" One water type called out.

"Forget about it for now! Do you know what happens when you get struck by lightning!?" Another water type called out.

As we all ran, we noticed a cave, we took cover in said cave.

We panted, after we retreated.

Lightning struck outside into a random tree.

"Luckily we made it to cover in time." Some of the water types said.

As we all stayed here, one water type noticed a shadow in one of the corners of the cave.

"Pathetic...All of you..." A sudden voice suddenly spoke from the corner.

We all turned toward the corner.

"Who!? O-oh, it's you...What are you talking about!?" One of us confronted the assassin that our Chief hired.

"You lot should be out there...Doing what you were commanded to do...But instead...You hide like cowards, for what? Some weather conditions...Pathetic..." The assassin said.

"Umm excuse me! Do you know what happens, when a water type gets hit by lightning!?" One water type questioned.

The assassin rolled his eyes.

"You get evaporated...Or so the rumors say...But still...How big is the chance you get hit by lightning..." The assassin said.

"I'd like to not risk it. I bet no mon wants to risk dying in the worst way possible for a water type." Another water type said.

"Or, you could use your brains for once, and realize that all of you have a big advantage, when it's raining...but no...You all cower for some lightning..." The assassin said, and shook his head.

"You don't have control over us! You got your mission, and we have ours!" One water type said.

"What are you doing in this cave anyway?" Another water type asked.

"I strategize my approaches in the darkness...Its where I am most powerful..." The assassin said.

"O---Ok then." A water type said.

"Don't cower too long...It makes you grow weak..." The assassin said.

I tried to get a visual of him, but he was gone, before we knew it.

"Are we sure he can be trusted?" One of us questioned.

"Nope. I don't." Another one of us answered.

Many of us disagreed with trusting the assassin.

We all agreed to not mess with him.

All we could do for now, was wait until the storm disappeared.

...

The next morning

Ciana's POV

I woke up feeling very warm.

The temperature in the cave was hot, uncomfortably hot.

My eyes opened, and I looked around the room, once I fully woke up.

Seeing the campfire no longer being lit up, made me confused.