Shoelace~

Y/n's pov

It was around 4 in the evening. I went out to get some groceries and since Taehyung had no work, he forcefully tagged along. I didn't get any dumb hint of our last date yet. Did he possibly forgot?

"Should I get more pork or chicken? " Taehyung huffed, 2 packs of different animal meats in both of his hands.

"Umm maybe chicken" I pushed the trolly further. The frozen items section was too chilled for me.

He plopped two packs of chicken in the trolly. "Anything else left?" He asked, ruffling and rechecking the items in the trolly for the 9th time.

"I don't think so, lets get it billed now"

" I'll be back after having a quick pee, get in line" anddd- he left.

I swear, I hate these grocery store queues so fucking much. You want your time to last longer? Stand here. Believe me it works like magic.

I saw a woman infront of me whisper something in her daughter's ear. She left her with the trolly full of stuff in a hurry to grab something else she forgot I guess. So we all know how that child is feeling now right? Wishing that no matter what, her turn shouldn't arrive lmfao. 

I kept tapping my feet, waiting for my turn. This line sure as hell was taking too much time to proceed. I was losing my patience and the child was getting anxious by every passing second. The man infront of the girl paid his bill and left, not knowing what to do, she kept looking around for her mother helplessly.

"Why are you stopping the line??"

"Come on! Hurry up!!"

"Get out of the line atleast geez!"

Like- I know we all want this wait to end but, can't we be a little more human like? And try not to make the child more anxious.

The child was about to burst in tears when I stepped up.

"Scan her stuff and let me know the amount of payment please" I pushed her trolly to the cashier. 

" It's okay, I'll wait until your mumma comes okay? " I scoot down to her eye level, ruffling her hair a little. 

She innocently nodded her head and took a little portion of the hem of my dress in her fist.

Cute.

Little did I know, Taehyung captured this moment.

I completed hers and mine billing. I stood with her in a corner not far away from the line, waiting for her mother.

"Who's this new friend of yours y/n"  Taehyung walked in, looking at the girl with oh so soft eyes. Ahh this melts my heart.

"She's- hehe what's your name sweetie?"

Taehyung kept staring at me for an answer and I did the same but at the child. She didn't respond instead kept staring at me back with pouty lips.

"What's wrong baby?" I placed my palm on her cheek.

"Ahh Lily, did we miss the line?" Her mother came sprinting towards the girl.

The girl, who's name is 'Lily' I assume, nodded her head as a no to her mother.

She pointed towards me and did some actions to her mother.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left her alone. Thanks for looking after her and paying the bill. Here"  The lady paid back the billing money to me back in cash.

"We'll see you later baby, take care" I hummed and smiled at the child, she just simply smiled back. I was waiting for an answer from her when the lady spoke up.