THREE

(CHAPTER 3 - THE THING YOU LOVE MOST)

🦢🗡

The next day, Mary Margaret was sitting on sofa in her loft, eating her breakfast as she looked out the window and noticed the clock working.

----------<3----------

In Granny's Bed and Breakfast, Elias opened the window in their room before turning to Emma, who walked up to him and they both looked out the window.

"Hey, I know you've said this a thousand times, but are you sure you're okay with me keeping the car?" Emma asked.

Elias looked down at the yellow bug, "Yeah...I don't want anything of hers," Elias said and walked away as Emma watched him.

----------<3----------

In the street, Archie was walking his dalmatian, passing Mr Gold and Ruby, who was putting out the sign for Granny's Diner. A brunette woman walked up to Ruby and they linked arms before walking into the diner together.

----------<3----------

In the Mayor's house, Regina was reading Henry's storybook which she had taken from his room the night before. She turned continued to turn the pages until she came to a section that was torn out of the book.

Regina walked into Henry's room with the storybook and held the book up, showing the missing pages, "The missing pages, where are they?" Regina asked.

"It's an old book. Stuff's missing. Why do you care?" Henry asked as he collected his backpack for school.

"I care because you think I'm some evil queen," she made him look at her, "And that hurts me, Henry. I'm your mother," Regina said.

"No, you're not," Henry said.

"Well, then who is? 'Cause no one else is here besides that man you brought here," she stood up straight, "I don't like what he, his sister and this book is doing to you. Thankfully, both are no longer an issue," Henry looked down and shuffled his feet, "What?" Regina said and the clock tower chimed, causing Regina to look at it shocked, and Henry took the chance to leave.

----------<3----------

Regina headed down Main Street and stopped in front of the clock tower, looking up at it. Archie was still walking his dalmatian and noticed the clock tower, "Hey, how about that?" he stopped near Regina, "Guess those rusty ol' innards finally straightened themselves out, huh?" Archie said to Regina as he passed her.

Regina noticed Emma's car parked on the side of the road, "Yes, how about that, indeed," Regina said.

----------<3----------

Regina knocked on the door of the twins' room and Elias answered to see Regina holding a basket of apples.

"Did you know the Honeycrisp tree is the most vigorous and hardy of all apple trees? It can survive temperatures as low as forty below and keep growing. It can weather any storm," Regina picked up an apple as Emma walked over, hearing Regina's voice, "I have one that I've tended to since I was a little girl. And to this day, I have yet to taste anything more delicious than the fruit it offers," Regina said and she handed the apple to Elias.

"Thanks," Elias said as he took the apple.

Regina handed the basket to Emma, "I'm sure you'll both enjoy them on your ride home," Regina said.