TEN

(CHAPTER 10 - THAT STILL SMALL VOICE)

🦢🗡

Archie was now trapped in the mine tunnels and he lit a match, and began to trek further into the tunnels in search of Henry.

"Henry? Henry?" Archie called out.

Henry walked around a corner, shining his flashlight, "Archie! You're here to help me!" Henry said.

"Henry!" Archie rushed over to him, "No, I...listen, we gotta get out of here," Archie said.

"So, you're still against me?" Henry questioned.

"Henry, there's no time for that. Come on, Henry, come on!" Archie said.

Henry backed away from him, "You don't believe me? You'll see. You'll see!" Henry said and turned, running deeper into the tunnels.

"Henry! Henry, come back!" Archie glanced back at the exit then begins to chase after Henry, "Hey!" Archie called out.

Flashback

Jiminy and his parents approached a house, and he turned to them, "Look, can't we skip this tonight? We don't need the money," Jiminy said.

"Everything isn't about money, Jiminy. It's about the principle," Myrna said.

Martin used a magic trick to produce a small bottle of liquid, "A commitment of excellence," Martin said.

"Excellence...at stealing money," Myrna said.

"Now," Martin holds the bottle out to Jiminy, "Go ahead and take the Elf Tonic, Jiminy," Martin said.

Jiminy took the bottle as Myrna knocked on the door, and a young couple answered, "Oh! Such beautiful young people!" Myrna said.

"Pardon me. Do you have a place at your hearth for an honest man and his..." Jiminy glances at his parents then turns back to the young couple, "Elderly parents?" Jiminy asked.

"Of course. Come in," The man said and they walked in.

"I'll heat up some broth," The woman said and walked over to the stove.

"Oh, we love broth!" Myrna said.

"Oh, what a beautiful home!" Martin said as they looked around.

"Your cobbles are so even!" Myrna said.

"Oh, and that's a real fact," Martin said.

----------<3----------

Jiminy and his parents were sat with the couple at the table, eating the broth that the woman had heated up for them.

"Thank you for your kindness," Jiminy said to the couple.

"I just can't get it out of my mind, that family..." Myrna said.

"Terrible way to go," Martin said.

"What? What happened?" The woman asked.