TWENTY FIVE

(CHAPTER 25 - WHAT HAPPENED TO FREDERICK?)

🦢🗡

Flashback

On a road outside a castle, a carriage with palace guards brought Princess Abigail to King George, and she stepped down from the carriage.

"Princess Abigail. Your beauty grows with each passing day. It is an honor to have you join my family," King George said.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Princess Abigail said.

"Let's go!" A guard said as a group of guards galloped away.

"Is everything okay?" Princess Abigail asked as she noticed the guards leaving.

"Just the excitement of the royal wedding. We want to ensure the safety of our guests. So, if you'll excuse me," King George bowed before approaching a guard to speak to him, "Find him," King George said and the guard nodded.

----------<3----------

Elsewhere, Prince Charming burst from a group of trees and rides as fast as he could.

"Hyah!" Guards on horseback erupted from the trees and follow after him, "Hyah!" one guard fired at him from a crossbow but missed, and with a grunt, Prince Charming jumped a fallen tree in the road, but the horsemen behind him pulled up short, unable to do the same.

"Go around! Go!" when they get to the other side, Prince Charming was nowhere to be found," Split up!" A guard ordered and the party split up into two groups.

Prince Charming, who was already dismounted and standing off the road, watched the party leave and he turned around, only for two men in purple cloaks to capture him.

End of Flashback

At the Nolan's house, David and Kathryn were eating dinner together at the dining table.

"Chicken's delicious," David said.

"David, there's something we need to discuss," Kathryn said.

"Okay," David said.

"I applied for law school," Kathryn said.

"That's amazing! Why didn't you ever tell me?" David asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because I didn't think I could actually do it? But I did," she handed David a letter, "I got this today," he opened it, "I got in," Kathryn said.

"It...It's...in...Boston," David said, surprised.

"I know things have been hard between us. But maybe a fresh start is what we need. Maybe we've been fighting too hard to recapture old memories when we should have been making new ones instead," Kathryn said.

Flashback

Inside the forest, Prince Charming's captors had unmasked him.

"Who are you?" one of the captors pulled out a dagger, "What are you waiting for? Do you think I fear you?" the man cut Prince Charming's bonds as Princess Abigail led a horse to the man, and Prince Charming looked at her shocked, "Abigail? What are you doing here?" Prince Charming asked.