THIRTY ONE

(CHAPTER 31 - HEART OF DARKNESS)

🦢🗡

Flashback

In the forest, Prince Charming and Red Riding Hood had stopped to rest when a flaming arrow shot through the air, headed straight for Red Riding Hood.

"Red, look out!" Prince Charming deflected the arrow with his sword, when he noticed King George and his men riding towards them, "We need to move. They found us," Prince Charming said and the two of them ran towards his horse, where he mounted it but extended his hand to help her but Red Riding Hood refused.

"Go. I'll take care of them," Red Riding Hood said.

"Red, I'm not leaving you," Prince Charming said.

"Find Snow. That's all that matters. Find her!" Red Riding Hood said and turned to face King George and his men.

"What are you going to do?" Prince Charming asked.

Red Riding Hood looked up to see a full moon, "I'm giving you a head start," She said and Prince Charming rode off as she removed her cloak, causing her eyes to glow gold, then ran towards the knights, transforming into her wolf form.

End of Flashback

Inside the Sheriff's station, Mary Margaret was stood in front of the wall as Elias took her mugshot.

"Please turn to the right," Elias said.

Mary Margaret turned to the right, "Elias, this is a mistake. I didn't kill Kathryn," Mary Margaret said.

"Of course you didn't. But, while we are your friends, I am also the Sheriff and Emma is the Deputy, and we have to go where the evidence leads," Elias said.

"Which points to me? Elias, yesterday it was David. There's something not right here," Mary Margaret said.

"We know, but your fingerprints were on that box, and his are not, so now we have to deal with this," Emma said from her desk.

"Evidence that says I cut out Kathryn's heart...and buried it in the woods? This is insane," Mary Margaret said.

"If I don't book you, with all this evidence, it's gonna look like favoritism. And then Regina will have cause and she will fire us, and then you know what she'll do? She'll bring in people who will railroad you. So please, just try to be patient and trust me. We can't even move forward till we verify the heart belonged to Kathryn, and we are still waiting for the DNA test results. But in the meantime, you need to bear with us. We have to ask you a few questions," Elias said.

"This is crazy. I would never hurt anyone," Mary Margaret said as they walked towards the interrogation room.

Flashback

Helena walked into the dwarves cottage and Doc shut the door behind her.

"Where is she?" Helena asked.

"Her room...did you bring him?" Grumpy asked.

Jiminy Cricket landed on Helena's shoulder, "Can you bring Snow to us?" Jiminy Cricket asked.

"Yeah, I'll go get her," Grumpy said and walked off.

"Here, Helena," Sleepy said as he held a filled stein out to her.