THIRTY FIVE

(CHAPTER 35 - THE STABLE BOY)

🦢🗡

One Week Ago...

Inside the Mayor's Office, Regina was stood looking out the window as she fiddled with a ring. She looked at the ring, tearfully, before bringing it to her lips, when Mr Gold walked into the room unnoticed.

 She looked at the ring, tearfully, before bringing it to her lips, when Mr Gold walked into the room unnoticed

"Remembrance of things past?" Mr Gold questioned.

"What do you want?" Regina asked.

Mr Gold stood behind her, "I need a favor," Mr Gold said.

Regina scoffed and turned to him, "You need a favor from me?" Regina questioned.

"Well, as you know, there are battery charges against me, pending. I really don't relish the thought of spending any more time locked up in a cage. Now, someone with your influence could make the D.A. suddenly realize what a flimsy case they have," he walked over to table, "Isn't that right...Your majesty?" Mr Gold said as he picked up an apple.

"What do I get out of it?" Regina asked.

Mr Gold smirked, "Help with your Mary Margaret problem," he turned to her, "You see, I've noticed that no matter how hard you seem to try to stop them, she and her charming friend just keep finding ways to be together," Mr Gold said.

Regina sat in her desk chair, "What are you suggesting?" Regina asked.

Mr Gold walked over to her desk, "If you want to inflict pain..." he set the apple on the desk in front of her, before sitting opposite her, "Then you must inflict pain. If something tragic...were to happen to David's wife, and if Mary Margaret should take the blame..." Mr Gold said.

"She'd be ruined," Regina said.

"And you'd have your victory, at last," Mr Gold said.

"A trial could be very messy," Regina said.

"A trial? Now, who said anything about a trial? No, once Miss Blanchard has been incarcerated, you can plant one of your lovely skeleton keys in her cell. And once she tries to leave Storybrooke, well...we all know what happens to people who attempt to leave town," Mr Gold said.

Regina leaned forward, "Give me one good reason why I should trust you," Regina said.

Mr Gold stood up, taking apple, "Because I always honor my agreements. Do we have a deal?" Mr Gold said and tossed Regina the apple, which she caught.

Flashback

Outside Regina's childhood home, before her Evil Queen days, a young Regina rode her horse on a training field, where she jumped several barricades before coming to a halt hear her father. Regina dismounted her horse and the two of them shared a hug.