THIRTY THREE

(CHAPTER 33 - HAT TRICK)

🦢🗡

The same day, Elias, Emma and Mr Gold entered the station to see Henry reading his book near the entrance.

"Henry. What are you doing here?" Elias asked.

"I came to congratulate you two," Henry said as he walked over to the twins.

"For what?" Elias asked, confused.

"Your genius plan," Henry said and the twins looked at him confused.

"And what plan's that, Henry?" Henry didn't respond, "Right," Mr Gold said and walked down the hall, leaving the twins with Henry.

"Sorry, I thought Mr Gold was in on it now that he's Miss Blanchard's lawyer," Henry said.

"In on what?" Elias asked.

"The escape plan," Henry said.

"The what?" The twins asked.

"Sheriff, Deputy. Could you both join me, please?" Mr Gold called out from the other room.

The twins and Henry walked down the hall and into the other room, where they found Mr Gold standing in front of an empty cell.

"She's gone," Mr Gold said.

Elias looked at the cell, "Henry, what did you do?" Elias asked.

"Nothing. She was gone when I got here," Henry said.

"Her arraignment's tomorrow. If she's not there..." Mr Gold said.

"She's a fugitive. Doesn't matter if she's convicted for Kathryn or not, she's screwed," Emma said.

"We have to go find her before someone notices she's missing," Elias said.

"Oh, you mean Regina?" Mr Gold said.

"The arraignment's at eight a.m. I'm sure she'll be here bright and early to celebrate her victory," Elias said.

"Well, you both have until eight a.m, then," Mr Gold said.

"What about me? How can I help?" Henry asked.

"Go home," Elias said.

"Elias, if she leaves Storybrooke..." Henry said, worriedly.

"Not now, Henry. Come on," Elias said as he ushered him towards the exit.

"Sheriff, Deputy," the twins looked at Mr Gold, "I know that time is of the essence, but if Miss Blanchard doesn't return, her future's in jeopardy. And if you're both caught helping her, so is yours," Mr Gold said.

"We don't care. We'd rather lose our jobs than our friend," Elias said and Emma nodded.

----------<3----------

That night, Emma drove her and Elias along a road through the woods in the yellow bug, both distracted while trying to look for Mary Margaret. Suddenly, Emma jerked the wheel, moving the car sharply, narrowly missing a man.

"What the hell?" Elias said, shocked.

"Nearly hit someone," Emma said before pulling over, and they got out of the car.

"He's over there," Elias said and pointed to him.

The twins ran over to him, "I'm so sorry!" Emma said.

"Are you okay?" Elias asked.

"I didn't see you there," Emma said.

"I...I think so," The man said.