FORTY THREE

(CHAPTER 43 - A LAND WITHOUT MAGIC)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Inside the Evil Queen's prison, Prince Charming was attempting to break the lock on his cell, by beating a rock against it, but he was not successful.

"I will find you, Snow. I will always find you," Prince Charming said.

Two guards approached and unlocked the cell, "It'll be hard to do that without your head. Get up, the Queen is looking forward to your execution," Guard One said and they escorted Prince Charming out of the dungeon and down a hallway, but Prince Charming fell.

"Get up! On your feet!" Guard Two said.

A fight broke out between Prince Charming and the two guards. Prince Charming prevailed and escaped down the hallway, where he encounters another guard, drawing their bow. He turned back the way he came, but encountered a fourth guard.

"Shoot him!" Guard Four said.

The guard with the bow and arrow fired his arrow, but instead of hitting Prince Charming, he shot the other guard instead.

Prince Charming turned to the guard, "Who the hell are you?" Prince Charming asked.

The guard removed their helmet, revealing themself as the Huntsman, "A friend," The Huntsman said.

"I don't know you," Prince Charming said.

"But I know Snow White and Helena," The Huntsman said.

"Are they okay?" Prince Charming asked.

"The Queen was traveling to meet her," the Huntsman removed Prince Charming's shackles, "Her fate is in a precarious place. Helena, probably angry with me. We must hurry. Follow me," the Huntsman led the Prince down the corridor, "I can get you out. I'll try and stall the Queen. The rest is up to you," he handed Prince Charming his sword and some supplies, "Your weapon, and some provisions. Good luck," The Huntsman said.

"You're not coming with me?" Prince Charming asked.

"I cannot. I gave up my heart so that the Queen would spare Snow's. Don't let my sacrifice be in vain," The Huntsman said.

"He's like her lap dog..." the Prince remembered, "You're Helena's brother?" Prince Charming asked.

"I am...tell her, I'm sorry for what I did," The Huntsman said.

"I will," Prince Charming said.

"Warning, when she's angry, she's not the best to talk to...keep going and find her...both of them," The Huntsman said.

both of them," The Huntsman said