FOUR

(CHAPTER 4 - THE THING YOU LOVE MOST)

🦢🗡

Regina walked through the school yard, and approached Henry's class which was being taught by Mary Margaret.

"Water Synthesize..." Mary Margaret continued to say as the children sat in front of her on the ground.

"Ahem," Mary Margaret approached her, "May I speak to my son?" Regina asked.

"Were' in the middle of a lesson. Is it important?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Do you think I'd be here if it wasn't?" she walked away from Mary Margaret and gestured for Henry to walk with her, "Henry, sweetie, I have some bad news," Regina leaned down to him, "The man and woman who you brought here...they've been arrested. They broke into Dr Hopper's office and stole his files. They're con people. They're trying to learn about us in order to take advantage of us. That's why they've been sticking around. I'm sorry," Regina said.

"No, you're not," Henry said.

Regina stood up straight, "I know you think otherwise, but all I'm doing is trying to protect you. This is gonna be good for us, you'll see. Things will be better," Regina said.

The school bell rang and he backed away, "I gotta get back to class," Henry said and walked off.

----------<3----------

In the Sheriff's department, Emma was sat in a jail cell as Graham took Elias' mugshot.

"You know the shrink is lying, right?" Emma said from her cell.

"To the right, please," Elias turned, "Why would he lie?" Graham asked.

"The Mayor put him up to this. She's gotta have something on him. He's terrified of her, like everyone else in this...town," Elias said.

"To the left," Elias turned to the left, "Regina may be a touch intimidating, but I don't think she'd go as far as a frame job," Graham said.

"How far would she go? What does she have her hands in?" Emma asked from her cell.

"Well, she's the Mayor. She has her hands in everything," Graham said.

Elias looked at him, "Including the police force?" Elias asked and Graham just looked at him

Henry ran in with Mary Margaret and Nadia, "Hey!" Henry said.

"Henry! Henry, what are you doing here?" Graham asked him.

"His mother told him what happened," Mary Margaret said.

"Of course she did," Emma said.

Elias turned to Henry and crouched down, "Henry, I don't know what she said..." Elias began to say.