FIVE

(CHAPTER 5 - SNOW FALLS)

🦢🗡

Flashback

A white carriage was seen traveling along a path through the forest. Inside the carriage, sat Prince Charming with a woman sat in front of him.

"What do you think of the view, my dear?" Prince Charming asked.

Abigail was fanning herself, "I've seen better," Abigail said.

Prince Charming looked away and looked inside his pouch to see an engagement, not paying attention to the woman's words, "This is taking forever

Prince Charming looked away and looked inside his pouch to see an engagement, not paying attention to the woman's words, "This is taking forever. I told you the Troll Road would've been quicker," they went over another pothole, and she looked even more unimpressed by their journey, "And far less bumpy," she noticed he wasn't paying attention, "Are you even listening to me?" Abigail said.

Prince Charming looked back at her, "Yes, of course, I am," Prince Charming said.

"Whoa, whoa!" The driver said.

"Now what?" Abigail said.

The carriage came to a stop and Prince Charming stepped out, leaving his pouch behind on his seat as he went to investigate, seeing a fallen tree. Prince Charming turned back to the carriage where Abigail was waiting, "Worry not. It's but a fallen tree," he turned back to the guards with him, "Fellas? Shall we?" Prince Charming said.

Someone in a cloak with its hood up, jumped on top of the carriage, making Abigail look up as it rocked underneath their weight.

Prince Charming was looking at the base of the tree, and a guard looked at him, "My Lord? What is it?" The guard asked.

"These markings," he brushed his gloved hand over the cuttings, "This tree didn't fall, it's been cut. It's an ambush," Prince Charming said and he and the guards drew their swords as the looked around.

The person on the carriage jumped down and stole the pouch that he had left behind. Abigail screamed, making the guards and Prince Charming turn around.

"Sir!" A guard said.

"Guards! Stop, thief! Help me!" Abigail yelled.

The thief jumped on a horse and raced off, and Prince Charming mounted a horse and chased after the thief through the forest. When Prince Charming caught up to the thief, he jumped off the horse and tackled the person to the ground.