TWENTY

(CHAPTER 20 - 7:15am)

🦢🗡

Mary Margaret was walking along the gravel road as she carried the bird cage, when she heard the sound of cooing doves in the distance.

"Do you hear that!? Your flock," Mary Margaret said and stopped at the top of a crest, looking down a ravine, and set down the birdcage when thunder clashed loudly.

Distracted by the sound, Mary Margaret slipped and tumbled down the slope. Luckily, she was able to grab onto a root, leaving her dangling as she shouted and cried out in despair. Attempting to pull herself up, she struggles with to climb up onto solid ground. When suddenly, a hand grabbed her arm and she looked up, "David!" Mary Margaret said.

"Grab my hand!" she does so, "Hold tight!" he begins to pull her up, "Come on!" he pulls her up onto solid ground and Mary Margaret fell against him, "You really think I'd let you come out here alone?" she pulls away from him, "You okay?" David asked as he helped her stand.

"I'm fine, thanks," Mary Margaret said and headed back up the slope towards the road, where the birdcage was.

David followed her, "Where are you going?" David asked.

"I came to find the flock!" Mary Margaret said.

"And I came here to get you before you got hurt!" they reach the road as thunder clashed, and heavy rain began to fall, "We have to go!" David said.

Mary Margaret spotted the birdcage ahead and ran towards it, "No!" Mary Margaret said.

"Doing this on foot is not the best plan!" David said.

"The gate was closed!" Mary Margaret said.

"I know, I saw!" Mary Margaret attempted to cover the birdcage with her jacket, "It's too late, we have to go!" David said.

"No, but the bird..." Mary Margaret said.

"Mary Margaret, it's not safe! We need to get out of here," thunder crashed, "Come on!" David said and together, they headed back up the road.

Flashback

Inside the Royal Castle dungeon, Snow White, Grumpy and Stealthy made their way through the tunnels.

The group passed an opening, "Oh wait, wait. Stairs," Snow White said as she gestured toward the stairs, and Grumpy and Stealthy paused.

"No, we sneak out through the courtyard," Stealthy said.

"No, it's safer if we climb over the curtain wall," Grumpy and Stealthy exchanged a glance, "Trust me, hiding from royals is my life," Snow White said.

"But the courtyard is clear now, but it won't be for much longer," Stealthy said.

Grumpy looked from Stealthy to Snow White, "Sorry, lady, Stealthy got me this far," Grumpy said and he and Stealthy hurried off.

"Grumpy, Grumpy, wait!" Snow White called out but she was left alone.

----------<3----------

Stealthy and Grumpy emerged from the tunnels to an empty courtyard, and they began to walk through when King George and a group of soldiers walked out from around a corner.