TWENTY EIGHT

(CHAPTER 28 - DREAMY)

🦢🗡

At the Miner's Day festival, Mary Margaret and Leroy were trying to sell candles at their booth.

Mary Margaret was holding out a candle, trying to get people's attention, "Buy your Miner's Day candles here! Handmade by Storybrooke's very own nuns! Light your way to a good cause, by buying a candle..." she exhaled sharply in defeat, "This isn't working," Mary Margaret said.

"You're right, we should pack it up," Leroy said.

Mary Margaret looked at him, "Now, you're quitting?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"If the customers don't come to us, we got to go to them, door to door," Leroy said.

"If they hate us here, what makes you think they'll like us in their homes?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Exactly. They'll pay us just to leave," Leroy said with a grin and they started packing up.

Elsewhere at the festival, Elias and Emma were walking together when they saw Sidney at the ring toss stand, and they walked over to him.

"What the hell are you doing?" Emma asked.

"What happened?" Sidney asked.

"I just got off the phone with Kathryn's school in Boston. Registration was this morning and she never showed up," Elias said,

"Something did happen," Sidney said.

"It looks that way," Elias said.

Mary Margaret and Leroy rushed past them, but Mary Margaret stopped and looked at them, "Oh, Emma, Elias! Help me out!" they looked at her taken back, "What's more sympathetic? Um, scarf or no scarf?" Mary Margaret asked as she unwrapped her scarf.

"Sc-Scarf," Elias and Emma said, surprised.

"Okay," Mary Margaret said.

"Come on, we're on schedule," Leroy said.

"Oh, uh, thank you. Got to go," Mary Margaret said before she and Leroy rushed off.

Sidney looked at the twins, "Why didn't you two say anything? You're looking for a suspect, someone with a motive. Pixie cut over there's got one a mile high," Sidney said.

"She had nothing to do with it, trust me," Elias said.

"But she's the one-," Sidney began to say.

"Trust me," Elias interrupted him, "We know her. Just get us those phone records," Elias said and they walked off, leaving Sidney.

"That was a little..." Emma said.

"This whole town is a little bit of that," Elias said.

"Hmm, true," Emma said.

"Any leads on the computer?" Elias asked.

"None and her phone records aren't here yet, so that doesn't help," Emma said.

"Right..." Elias sighed, "It's strange, isn't it? A whole town, unknown to everyone," he looked at his sister, "But it exists," Elias said.

"Must be one of those hidden gems," Emma said.

"Yeah, but where's the gem?" Elias asked and they laughed before continuing to walk through the festival crowd.

----------<3----------

Elsewhere, Mary Margaret and Leroy walked up to their first door where Leroy knocked, and a man answered the door eating a carrot with a woman beside him.