FORTY ONE

(CHAPTER 41 - AN APPLE AS RED AS BLOOD)

🦢🗡

Regina and Henry were eating dinner at the dining table when the doorbell rang.

"I don't recall us expecting any company," the doorbell rang again and Regina walked to the door, opened it, seeing Elias and Emma, "Sheriff and Deputy Swan. What are you two doing here?" Regina asked.

"Henry invited us," Elias said.

"Do you honestly believe I'd allow the two of you into my house, for dinner, after all the threats you two made to my family?" Regina questioned.

"We didn't come for dinner," Emma said.

"Then what did you two come for?" Regina asked.

"You," Regina looked behind her to see Henry gone, "We all did," Elias said as Regina turned back to him and saw Archie, Nadia, Athena, Ruby, David, Granny, Leroy, and Mary Margaret stood behind the twins.

Regina backed away and turned to run up the stairs, where Henry was stood at the top with a rope and coil.

"Henry," Regina said.

Nadia walked to Regina, "You killed my brother. I couldn't wait any longer, Regina," Nadia said with a smirk and dragged her roughly to the apple tree in her yard. Nadia pinned Regina against the tree as Archie and Ruby tied her up, while the rest of the Seven Dwarves joined the group, as two held lit torches.

"No. No. Let me go. I command it!" Regina said.

"After everything you've done to us?" Ruby questioned.

"My apologies, Your Majesty, but my conscience is clear!" Archie said.

"You're not the Queen anymore, Sister!" Leroy said.

"Tighter! She needs to feel our pain!" Granny said.

"You took our love and ripped it apart!" Mary Margaret said.

"And now you're gonna pay," David said.

"You've ruined the last person's life," Athena said.

Emma plucked a black apple from the tree and squashed it in her hand, releasing an inordinate amount of black ooze, making Regina grimace, "Rotten to the core," Emma said.

"I just wanted to win. For once," Regina said.

Elias and Emma passed each other, and Elias grabbed Regina by her chin, "You took away our happiness, and now it's our turn to take away yours," Elias said and he approached David, who pulled out a sword, handing it to him.

"What?" Regina looked at Henry, "Henry. Henry," he walked up to her as she leaned down, "Please don't let them do this to me," Regina begged.

Henry glared at her, "You did this to yourself," Henry said then backed up to Mary Margaret, and Elias swung the sword at Regina.